Bullnose Forums

We'll call her Rahab

tdm3

• 2 months later...

Yep, I know of Rahab. She's in the lineage of Christ. Saved a bunch of guys from getting killed also.

I've decided to go with the 289 and c4 install. I had bought my wife a 1962 Fairlane and purchased a 1964 289 (5 bolt) to go in it. The Fairlane had an inline six in it. Well long story short, my wife loved the car but was never comfortable driving it. So we sold it and now I have a freshly rebuilt 289 and matching C4 ( to be rebuilt) with corresponding 5 bolt bellhousing that I'm going to transplant into it. The engine is bored .040 over with flattops and a little bit of a bumpy cam but nothing radical. Also have a 1850 list holley 600 cfm to round out the picture. That's the project for these long wet winter months in middle Tennessee.

Here's a picture of where the 289 was supposed to go.

image92.png.5a985bb2de31eaea739093cc16b702d2.png

I've decided to go with the 289 and c4 install. I had bought my wife a 1962 Fairlane and purchased a 1964 289 (5 bolt) to go in it. The Fairlane had an inline six in it. Well long story short, my wife loved the car but was never comfortable driving it. So we sold it and now I have a freshly rebuilt 289 and matching C4 ( to be rebuilt) with corresponding 5 bolt bellhousing that I'm going to transplant into it. The engine is bored .040 over with flattops and a little bit of a bumpy cam but nothing radical. Also have a 1850 list holley 600 cfm to round out the picture. That's the project for these long wet winter months in middle Tennessee.

Here's a picture of where the 289 was supposed to go.

Sounds like a good fit. I like it when an unexpected plan comes together. And this one sounds like a good one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Need to get a red rope for your rear view mirror.

Oh, and looks like we bought our parking brakes from the same place. :nabble_smiley_happy:

"Need to get a red rope for your rear view mirror.

Oh, and looks like we bought our parking brakes from the same place. "

Those parking brakes work really well and cheap to boot! I have to confess to being a little dense so you're going to have to help me with the red rope business...

David

"Need to get a red rope for your rear view mirror.

Oh, and looks like we bought our parking brakes from the same place. "

Those parking brakes work really well and cheap to boot! I have to confess to being a little dense so you're going to have to help me with the red rope business...

David

I suspect he was referring to this about Rahab from Joshua Chapter 2:

15-16 She lowered them down out a window with a rope because her house was on the city wall to the outside. She told them, “Run for the hills so your pursuers won’t find you. Hide out for three days and give your pursuers time to return. Then get on your way.”

17-20 The men told her, “In order to keep this oath you made us swear, here is what you must do: Hang this red rope out the window through which you let us down and gather your entire family with you in your house—father, mother, brothers, and sisters. Anyone who goes out the doors of your house into the street and is killed, it’s his own fault—we aren’t responsible. But for everyone within the house we take full responsibility. If anyone lays a hand on one of them, it’s our fault. But if you tell anyone of our business here, the oath you made us swear is canceled—we’re no longer responsible.”

I suspect he was referring to this about Rahab from Joshua Chapter 2:

15-16 She lowered them down out a window with a rope because her house was on the city wall to the outside. She told them, “Run for the hills so your pursuers won’t find you. Hide out for three days and give your pursuers time to return. Then get on your way.”

17-20 The men told her, “In order to keep this oath you made us swear, here is what you must do: Hang this red rope out the window through which you let us down and gather your entire family with you in your house—father, mother, brothers, and sisters. Anyone who goes out the doors of your house into the street and is killed, it’s his own fault—we aren’t responsible. But for everyone within the house we take full responsibility. If anyone lays a hand on one of them, it’s our fault. But if you tell anyone of our business here, the oath you made us swear is canceled—we’re no longer responsible.”

Well, see, done in by my own pun. Red rope it is and it'll be a good addition.

David

• 3 weeks later...

:nabble_smiley_good:

Haven't worked on the truck herself but have been assembling the 289. A couple of poor pictures here to prove she exists. I have a set of valve covers coming, used but more attractive than these. Oil pan will come from the engine currently in the truck. Ordered a new oil pickup to fit the truck pan. It is progressing. I hate cold weather and find getting motivated in the winter more difficult. Woe is me...

David

20191218_085523.jpg.2c19aacc519963d10135e70c7051afe3.jpg

20191218_085544.jpg.c1c97d49064e8b21b65455682c30642b.jpg

Haven't worked on the truck herself but have been assembling the 289. A couple of poor pictures here to prove she exists. I have a set of valve covers coming, used but more attractive than these. Oil pan will come from the engine currently in the truck. Ordered a new oil pickup to fit the truck pan. It is progressing. I hate cold weather and find getting motivated in the winter more difficult. Woe is me...

David

Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

We've got L15-H27° tomorrow.

At least it won't be sleeting here.