Bullnose Forums

Gary's 2019 Swap Meet Items

Gary Lewis

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I see, having it cleaner might make it sell better, but I don’t think it changes the value a whole lot... as long as the buyer can see that it is solid, not cracked or welded or corroded etc., I wouldn’t waste a bunch of time or media on it if it were me.

This. The vast majority of the time it won't add to the monetary value but if there are 5 of them around the same price and one is media blasted, it will go first.

I could care less if you polish a turd.

If I need one (and I HAVE needed one!) as long as it's not a greasy mess, I'm taking it home.

While this item is not for sale to millions of people on eBay, someone needs it.

I bought my dirty, nasty junkyard one for $100 20 years ago.

And sold the one from my grenaded T-19 for $50 + shipping to some guy in Massachusetts whose son decided to jump the truck, back in '11 -I believe. (It was cleaned up like yours)

I could have asked more, but with a Zf-5 I didn't need it and hoped to pay it forward.

I think $250 as is, where is, is a really good deal.

I could care less if you polish a turd.

If I need one (and I HAVE needed one!) as long as it's not a greasy mess, I'm taking it home.

While this item is not for sale to millions of people on eBay, someone needs it.

I bought my dirty, nasty junkyard one for $100 20 years ago.

And sold the one from my grenaded T-19 for $50 + shipping to some guy in Massachusetts whose son decided to jump the truck, back in '11 -I believe. (It was cleaned up like yours)

I could have asked more, but with a Zf-5 I didn't need it and hoped to pay it forward.

I think $250 as is, where is, is a really good deal.

Ok guys, thanks! It looks like $450 is the typical asking price, and it should fetch more than $250.

Shaun - Pretty sure that isn't corrosion, but can you point out where you are seeing something and I'll look more closely?

Ok guys, thanks! It looks like $450 is the typical asking price, and it should fetch more than $250.

Shaun - Pretty sure that isn't corrosion, but can you point out where you are seeing something and I'll look more closely?

Probably just casting roughness, but curiosity strikes.

1567340777265_0901_8AM_Main_Dorian_Forecast.jpg.ca7b0ca93cee20bd52a8f8a78d915cd9.jpg

Here's another shot. Looks like the edges of the casting are off. Is that an issue?

I would think not... as long as the clip holds the slave securely in place. The whole assembly has to “float” a bit anyway.

Edit: it looks like chipping from prying the slave out. Not from the pry tool but from the slave or clip being cocked and applying pressure to the hard corner of the casting.

I would think not... as long as the clip holds the slave securely in place. The whole assembly has to “float” a bit anyway.

Edit: it looks like chipping from prying the slave out. Not from the pry tool but from the slave or clip being cocked and applying pressure to the hard corner of the casting.

You are intelligent, Jonathan! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Jonathan. :nabble_smiley_good: