Bullnose Forums

Howdy from Fort Worth

Randy

I picked up an '84 F-150 short bed last summer, 28 years [corrected, originally said 18 years] since I traded in my last bullnose, a 1980 F-100 flairside, for some other long forgotten vehicle. But I never forgot about my F-100.

80f100.jpg

Great story Randy, and welcome aboard! The colors on that 1980 Flareside were gorgeous! Very similar story for myself. I had a 1980 Flareside years ago and sold it in 1994 or 1995. For 20 years it was always in the back of my mind, and a couple years ago I picked up another Flareside, this time a 1984.

I picked up an '84 F-150 short bed last summer, 28 years [corrected, originally said 18 years] since I traded in my last bullnose, a 1980 F-100 flairside, for some other long forgotten vehicle. But I never forgot about my F-100.

80f100.jpg

Great story Randy, and welcome aboard! The colors on that 1980 Flareside were gorgeous! Very similar story for myself. I had a 1980 Flareside years ago and sold it in 1994 or 1995. For 20 years it was always in the back of my mind, and a couple years ago I picked up another Flareside, this time a 1984.

Thanks. I've been reading through your project thread. I have had thoughts about converting mine to a flareside, motivated partly by nostalgia and partly by the fact that my short bed needs a good amount of body work. Somewhere along the line it was rear ended and each bedside was crunched in 0.5 to 1.0 inch at the bottom. I'm not sure how much trouble and cost will be involved in fixing it but I suspect it will be cheaper and easier to do a swap if I can get my hands on a decent bed, swb or flareside.