Bullnose Forums

Looking for: Front Swaybar Brackets

Rembrant

• 1 month later...

By the way, there's a salvage near me that is closing its doors and I've been planning to go spend the day soon. I'll put those brackets on the "take" list if I find them.

Thanks Gary,

I think the reason they are so hard to come by in the used market is that it's quite a bit of work to remove them.:nabble_smiley_cry:

Depending on how must rust there is and where the truck is sitting, getting the long mounting bolt out of the I-beam and coil spring, etc can be an UN-fun job.

By the way, there's a salvage near me that is closing its doors and I've been planning to go spend the day soon. I'll put those brackets on the "take" list if I find them.

Thanks Gary,

I think the reason they are so hard to come by in the used market is that it's quite a bit of work to remove them.:nabble_smiley_cry:

Depending on how must rust there is and where the truck is sitting, getting the long mounting bolt out of the I-beam and coil spring, etc can be an UN-fun job.

How hard would it be to make them?

Being I have never seen them in person and that picture out of the parts book is hard to tell what it should look like.

I do here you on trying to remove them because of the long bolt going thru the beam and it not wanting to come out.

Dave ----

How hard would it be to make them?

Being I have never seen them in person and that picture out of the parts book is hard to tell what it should look like.

I do here you on trying to remove them because of the long bolt going thru the beam and it not wanting to come out.

Dave ----

Here are a couple of pics of the brackets that go under the springs, if that's the one you are asking about, Dave:

Shock_Bracket_Stripped_Bolt.thumb.jpg.5ae3644d2531b921f376d83e8799bbc3.jpg

Left_Front_Done.thumb.jpg.c9dcf3dec5bf28e748483ed0d53e957a.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of the brackets that go under the springs, if that's the one you are asking about, Dave:

That bronco has sway bars. Im planning to use them. However, the rear end sway bar bracket off the bronco isnt setup for a 9". The axle in the bronco is something else.

If anyone has rear sway bar brackets for a 9", id be interested.

That bronco has sway bars. Im planning to use them. However, the rear end sway bar bracket off the bronco isnt setup for a 9". The axle in the bronco is something else.

If anyone has rear sway bar brackets for a 9", id be interested.

That should be an 8.8 axle. And I think the sway bar is different.

Yes that is what I was looking for.

So if you took flat plate and welded a "ear" on maybe from channel for the link that may work.

It looks like the ear is off set some from the base so you would need the sway bar & links in place before welding the ear to make sure it was set right.

Now If I remember right there was something with the front bolt in cross member for the bar brackets also right?

Dave ----

Yes that is what I was looking for.

So if you took flat plate and welded a "ear" on maybe from channel for the link that may work.

It looks like the ear is off set some from the base so you would need the sway bar & links in place before welding the ear to make sure it was set right.

Now If I remember right there was something with the front bolt in cross member for the bar brackets also right?

Dave ----

Yes, you might be able to do it out of channel. And yes, there's the other brackets as well. But that varies by whether the truck is 2wd or 4wd and if it has 2 or 4 shocks up front. It is all rather complex, but you can see the illustrations at: Documentation/Steering & Suspension/Sway Bars.