Bullnose Forums

Gas mileage test [revisited]

Well, if I am able to join in, my truck will be full of the good stuff... #2 diesel.

We made an abbreviated MPG run Friday afternoon, with 3 trucks participating. Matthew/Dorsai, David/1986F150six, and myself. We started at the Mr. Bass store in Skiatook, went to the Total Stop in Hominy, and back to the Mr. Bass where we started. Test loop

Google maps claims the loop is 43.6 miles, and my fuel consumption was 1.444 Gallon. My speedo/odo does not work, but Matthew and David both have functioning speedo/odo, though their readings did not quite match each other nor the google maps stated distance. Doing the math, with all 3 of these readings, gives me an MPG number between 28.8 & 30.2, I'll let you decide which to believe.

We made an abbreviated MPG run Friday afternoon, with 3 trucks participating. Matthew/Dorsai, David/1986F150six, and myself. We started at the Mr. Bass store in Skiatook, went to the Total Stop in Hominy, and back to the Mr. Bass where we started. Test loop

Google maps claims the loop is 43.6 miles, and my fuel consumption was 1.444 Gallon. My speedo/odo does not work, but Matthew and David both have functioning speedo/odo, though their readings did not quite match each other nor the google maps stated distance. Doing the math, with all 3 of these readings, gives me an MPG number between 28.8 & 30.2, I'll let you decide which to believe.

David's fuel consumption was 1.935 gallons, which equates to 21.8 MPG using his odometer, and 22.5 MPG using Google's distance.

I like that Google distance; it gives me 17.2 mpg, instead of the 16.4 mpg my own calculations produced.

Maybe you should all be driving with maps running on your phones?

Then Paul would have his speed and distance displayed while driving. (Well, distance remaining)

Everyone would be working from the same baseline, without regard for tire diameters and such.

Maybe you should all be driving with maps running on your phones?

Then Paul would have his speed and distance displayed while driving. (Well, distance remaining)

Everyone would be working from the same baseline, without regard for tire diameters and such.

It was kind of funny. Chris/ctubutis came in not too long after the guys left on the MPG run and said "I met three red Bullnose trucks on OK 20 a few miles west of here and thought 'That has to be something associated with Gary.'" Sure enough. Paul was leading and Matthew and David were following.

Paul said with his gear ratio the speed he was running, about 67 MPH according to David, was below his sweet spot. David said the speed was above his sweet spot. And Matthew was just having fun.

But it sure was fun seeing three red Bullnose trucks running in a pack. :nabble_smiley_happy:

It was kind of funny. Chris/ctubutis came in not too long after the guys left on the MPG run and said "I met three red Bullnose trucks on OK 20 a few miles west of here and thought 'That has to be something associated with Gary.'" Sure enough. Paul was leading and Matthew and David were following.

Paul said with his gear ratio the speed he was running, about 67 MPH according to David, was below his sweet spot. David said the speed was above his sweet spot. And Matthew was just having fun.

But it sure was fun seeing three red Bullnose trucks running in a pack. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Yeah, I mentally raised one eyebrow in a Spock-like fashion when I saw you guys, you just don't see that in everyday life anymore. ;)

That was fun, thank you for having me, Gary! I got to meet "the usual" awa Scott/kramttocs & Matthew/Dorsai, that was cool. :)

The electronic thermostat/HVAC control fritzed out in my SHO, it thought it was -33 degrees outside and wanted to turn on the heater.:nabble_smiley_oh: But I nevertheless made it home by 6:30 MDT, it's rare that I make it home and it's still light outside. ;)

I didn't take a single picture using my own phone. :(

Yeah, I mentally raised one eyebrow in a Spock-like fashion when I saw you guys, you just don't see that in everyday life anymore. ;)

That was fun, thank you for having me, Gary! I got to meet "the usual" awa Scott/kramttocs & Matthew/Dorsai, that was cool. :)

The electronic thermostat/HVAC control fritzed out in my SHO, it thought it was -33 degrees outside and wanted to turn on the heater.:nabble_smiley_oh: But I nevertheless made it home by 6:30 MDT, it's rare that I make it home and it's still light outside. ;)

I didn't take a single picture using my own phone. :(

Thanks for coming, Chris. And I can just see you raising the one eyebrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad you made it home safely and in the daylight. How was Ralston? Nine-Mile Road?

Thanks for coming, Chris. And I can just see you raising the one eyebrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad you made it home safely and in the daylight. How was Ralston? Nine-Mile Road?

I got into Ralston and parked near the City Hall building and tried to get my bearings... it was raining pretty steadily and my defroster insisted on turning the heat on. I proceeded on after a while and came to feel like that city hall building is the nicest thing in the entire town, the rest of it is quite literally falling apart. Do they have an antique store there by chance? Me & ND Bill stopped at a handful of those places on our travels, you can sometimes find some neat-o stuff in those places. But I didn't find/recognize a single business along that street, not even the drug store I saw there several years ago when I first took that road.

Anyway, I turned around at the end of Main Street and went back to 18 to 60, I decided I didn't want to try and read those street signs using only a paper map and no GPS instructions to try and reverse navigate Nine Mile Road.

I got into Ralston and parked near the City Hall building and tried to get my bearings... it was raining pretty steadily and my defroster insisted on turning the heat on. I proceeded on after a while and came to feel like that city hall building is the nicest thing in the entire town, the rest of it is quite literally falling apart. Do they have an antique store there by chance? Me & ND Bill stopped at a handful of those places on our travels, you can sometimes find some neat-o stuff in those places. But I didn't find/recognize a single business along that street, not even the drug store I saw there several years ago when I first took that road.

Anyway, I turned around at the end of Main Street and went back to 18 to 60, I decided I didn't want to try and read those street signs using only a paper map and no GPS instructions to try and reverse navigate Nine Mile Road.

I've got nothing to contribute other than Hi Chris!