Bullnose Forums

Project MPG

:nabble_anim_confused:

That's me - CONFUSED! And CONCERNED! I'm now wondering how many of my embedded documents are not usable by iOS users.

Have you had similar problems on other posts? What about pages on the documentation part of the website, like the Driveline/Axles page, which has embedded docs on the Instructions tab?

Gary,

I think Lima Big Block and fuel economy are oxymoronic.

Yes, you can drive like a grandma.

You can drive with a vacuum gauge.

Or you can beat the snot out of it and get 8.5-9 mpg like me.

I'm sure you'll be more conservative, but I get the same sitting in bumper to bumper traffic doing 10 mph, so why not?

Your 3,55's will help a whole lot.

But it's still a 7.5l engine in a heavy pickup with barn door aerodynamics.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary,

I think Lima Big Block and fuel economy are oxymoronic.

Yes, you can drive like a grandma.

You can drive with a vacuum gauge.

Or you can beat the snot out of it and get 8.5-9 mpg like me.

I'm sure you'll be more conservative, but I get the same sitting in bumper to bumper traffic doing 10 mph, so why not?

Your 3,55's will help a whole lot.

But it's still a 7.5l engine in a heavy pickup with barn door aerodynamics.

Jein. 460/7.5L should not be used in the same sentence as "economy". But, I'm trying to improve things somewhat. If I can get it to 14 MPG at 65 MPH running light I'll be happy.

:nabble_anim_confused:

That's me - CONFUSED! And CONCERNED! I'm now wondering how many of my embedded documents are not usable by iOS users.

Have you had similar problems on other posts? What about pages on the documentation part of the website, like the Driveline/Axles page, which has embedded docs on the Instructions tab?

This is the first time I’ve seen this happen.

The others you mentioned have always worked.

Edit: went and tried one in axles and it worked fine.

This is the first time I’ve seen this happen.

The others you mentioned have always worked.

Edit: went and tried one in axles and it worked fine.

Ok, lets see if this works. I OCR'd the file and then optimized it. That reduced the size from 12Mb to less than 6Mb.

And, now it appears to work on Janey's iPad. But, it doesn't work on my iPhone X. So maybe it is too big to work on an iPhone but small enough for an iPad????

Dane - does it work for you?

Ok, lets see if this works. I OCR'd the file and then optimized it. That reduced the size from 12Mb to less than 6Mb.And, now it appears to work on Janey's iPad. But, it doesn't work on my iPhone X. So maybe it is too big to work on an iPhone but small enough for an iPad????Dane - does it work for you?
Ok, one more test. For this one I removed the pages that had the magazine covers. There were 4 of them in the 23 pages, so that now makes it 19 pages and 5.07 Mb instead of the 5.95 Mb in the edited 1st post. (The original file size was 11.8 Mb.)

Does this work on the iOS devices?

No, that didn't work. Apparently by having both the reduced file in the first post and an even smaller file, albeit still 5.07 Mb, in this post it killed it for Janey's iPad. So, I took it out of this post and put the smallest file in the first post.Let's see if that works....EDIT: Yes, sorta. Haven't gotten to test the iPad as it is in use, but the iPhone X now works in landscape if you tap the screen several times where the article is supposed to be. :nabble_anim_confused:Dane?

Ok, one more test. For this one I removed the pages that had the magazine covers. There were 4 of them in the 23 pages, so that now makes it 19 pages and 5.07 Mb instead of the 5.95 Mb in the edited 1st post. (The original file size was 11.8 Mb.)

Does this work on the iOS devices?

No, that didn't work. Apparently by having both the reduced file in the first post and an even smaller file, albeit still 5.07 Mb, in this post it killed it for Janey's iPad. So, I took it out of this post and put the smallest file in the first post.Let's see if that works....EDIT: Yes, sorta. Haven't gotten to test the iPad as it is in use, but the iPhone X now works in landscape if you tap the screen several times where the article is supposed to be. :nabble_anim_confused:Dane?
You could just embed the link for anyone who can't view the file here.

You could just embed the link for anyone who can't view the file here.

Thanks for the idea, Steve. I've now added a download link in the first post.

But, I'd still like to figure out and fix whatever is causing the problem. In fact, I'd like to know what problem others are seeing.

Thanks for the idea, Steve. I've now added a download link in the first post.

But, I'd still like to figure out and fix whatever is causing the problem. In fact, I'd like to know what problem others are seeing.

Nope, it disappears when I scroll.

Edit: tried tapping where it’s supposed to be and no joy!