Bullnose Forums

Vacuum Controlled Heater Core Valve

Bruno2

To bring this later picture to the end here of the 85-86

So it looks like if you have the 85-86 control you can only tee into the white line and supply vacuum to the valve when only in MAX AC

So guess that is what I will do as the AC is not working at this time I can use MAX AC to blow air into the cab. It is better than what I have now as hot air blow in all the time.

Thanks guys

Dave ----

Sorry, I'm late to the party. But you can't do my trick with the later controls - as you found out. So do as you are suggesting, and what David did, and put it in the recirc line.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm late to the party. But you can't do my trick with the later controls - as you found out. So do as you are suggesting, and what David did, and put it in the recirc line.

Here is the valve I got to use. I haven’t installed it yet. Maybe some day.

I have hearing aids and have found I don’t like the wind noise. So I keep the windows up. But I might put this in my Bronco and get another for the truck.

5950FD16-BF97-4255-8ADC-822A66DB74D4.jpeg.9a0a0cb4288a014445fdc3ca5c7f5bf8.jpeg

Edit: clarification

I do not know if this will help, but I installed an vacuum controlled cutoff valve in the heater circuit on my son's 1984 F150. A "T" was installed in the vacuum line which feeds the servo controlling the door for allowing fresh air [near the passenger inner fender]. The heater is "on" except when the A/C is placed on "MAX COOL".

Yes on the later years that is the only "quick" way to add the cut off valve.

That is what I had to do but because I had the vacuum hose run inside I added the tee to the white line behind the glove box.

What got me was the truck is a 81 and if it was not for a PO removing the HVAC controls and selling them and with help from members got a later year with duel tank control.

I forgot about this till I went to hook up the vacuum line to the control and found the wrong year :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

Done but not with out its issues LOL

Here is the valve I got to use. I haven’t installed it yet. Maybe some day.

I have hearing aids and have found I don’t like the wind noise. So I keep the windows up. But I might put this in my Bronco and get another for the truck.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n54309/5950FD16-BF97-4255-8ADC-822A66DB74D4.jpeg

Edit: clarification

If I remembered what control I had I would have done the valve to full vacuum and used a switch. I will see how this works out and if not I will go that route.

As for the wind noise after driving with windows up for so long in other cars/truck when down it can get to you.

Dave ----

I have hearing aids and have found I don’t like the wind noise.

I don't have hearing aids, but I do have terrible Tinnitus and the wind noise really bothers me...not only while I'm driving, but for hours afterwards...sometimes the whole rest of the day. It is the only reason I'm going through all the trouble to install AC in my Non-AC truck.

I'm only mentioning it because I understand how annoying it is.

I don't have hearing aids, but I do have terrible Tinnitus and the wind noise really bothers me...not only while I'm driving, but for hours afterwards...sometimes the whole rest of the day. It is the only reason I'm going through all the trouble to install AC in my Non-AC truck.

I have tinnitus pretty bad too. That’s what prompted the visit to ear Doctor. The hearing aids help with the ringing.

I have tinnitus pretty bad too. That’s what prompted the visit to ear Doctor. The hearing aids help with the ringing.

Up date:

I had to work yesterday, first and only day this week and did 2 loads of LP.

When I left for work at 2ap it was cool so had the heat on going to work but did turn the control to MAX AC for a little and the air started off hot as the heater core was hot but it did cool off.

I also had it on MAX AC for the ride home and the air stayed cool the whole way home.

It would have been nice to have the core bypassed in vent but for now this works and I know come summer and have AC it will be on MAX AC most of the time.

Thanks for the help to make this happen.

Now to look into why the oil is still leaking from this motor :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

Up date:

I had to work yesterday, first and only day this week and did 2 loads of LP.

When I left for work at 2ap it was cool so had the heat on going to work but did turn the control to MAX AC for a little and the air started off hot as the heater core was hot but it did cool off.

I also had it on MAX AC for the ride home and the air stayed cool the whole way home.

It would have been nice to have the core bypassed in vent but for now this works and I know come summer and have AC it will be on MAX AC most of the time.

Thanks for the help to make this happen.

Now to look into why the oil is still leaking from this motor :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

Glad it worked, Dave. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the oil, if you let it all run out it won't leak any more. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, how 'bout using the additive and a black light?

As for the oil, if you let it all run out it won't leak any more. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I think it is bad enough to not need to use the dye and light for 1 of them.

It looks to be coming from the lifter cover at the back.

I took up on the bolts and hoped it would stop but I checked it after the drive home from work and seen it is still leaking. I installed a new gasket along with the valve & oil pan, so maybe the cover is bent?

I also seen the front cross member has oil and some dirt on it so need to look closer at that.

If it is the front seal I think I seen the cover has to come off as it comes in from the back side I think?

I think the oil from the bell housing is from the lifter cover being blown back as it is above it back there.

But when I do the trans swap I can look closer at the rear main but that looked good when I did the other gaskets so did not touch it or front seal.

Projects are never done :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

I think it is bad enough to not need to use the dye and light for 1 of them.

It looks to be coming from the lifter cover at the back.

I took up on the bolts and hoped it would stop but I checked it after the drive home from work and seen it is still leaking. I installed a new gasket along with the valve & oil pan, so maybe the cover is bent?

I also seen the front cross member has oil and some dirt on it so need to look closer at that.

If it is the front seal I think I seen the cover has to come off as it comes in from the back side I think?

I think the oil from the bell housing is from the lifter cover being blown back as it is above it back there.

But when I do the trans swap I can look closer at the rear main but that looked good when I did the other gaskets so did not touch it or front seal.

Projects are never done :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

Yes, projects are never really done. Good luck!