Bullnose Forums

Operation 4 Barrel - Mission Accomplished

Whisler

Well I finally got my Edelbrock AVS installed on my truck. It fought me the whole way but I overcame by sheer stubbornness.

It wasn't the carb. that caused problems but all the things you have to work around to install an Edelbrock carb. on a Ford. I bought the obligatory linkage and bracket kits and, of course, neither of them worked properly. I knew that was going to be a problem from all I have read here and on FTE, but didn't know where else to start. At least the bracket made a good template for the one I had to make with a hacksaw and file.

Then there was the fuel system. Again fro reading here and FTE, I knew I needed a fuel pressure regulator. Mounting the regulator and running new fuel lines was a real PITA, but with a little help from the shop that works on my newer cars, I again overcame.

Got everything hooked up today and had the wife work the ignition while I checked for fuel leaks and of course there were some but finally tracked them all down. The truck even fired up before I was ready. I did the necessary adjustments to choke, idle speed, fast idle speed and idle mixture , then took it for a drive.

AND IT RAN GREAT.

Woo hoo!!! I guess the carb. was worth the $100 I paid for it.