Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Hi Gary, under Specifications, the buidsheet examples are not showing. I found a partial buildsheet today and would like to see a good example to see if I can fill in the blanks.

Sorry. Check it out now. At least I think that's what is supposed to be there.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Working now. Can you post a pic of your 1980 buildsheet? I would like to use it to complete my partial build sheet.

It would have been an '81 build sheet, but it is in a whole bunch of strips. It was put between the seat's springs and the foam and the springs rusted and cut through the paper. It is really just a bunch of pieces with info missing between the pieces. Sorry.

• 5 months later...

Suggestion: it would be nice to be able to add on to a thread without having to reply to a previous post. Case in point, suppose the original poster wanted to make a comment without tagging on to a previous post, how does one do it? The drop-down apparently doesn't give an option and I haven't figured out a way to do it. Just a thought.

Screen_Shot_2021-08-28_at_2.png.e9a299940b4087c8dbfa5b17211305c2.png

Suggestion: it would be nice to be able to add on to a thread without having to reply to a previous post. Case in point, suppose the original poster wanted to make a comment without tagging on to a previous post, how does one do it? The drop-down apparently doesn't give an option and I haven't figured out a way to do it. Just a thought.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but let me explain what options we have:

• Reply To Last Post w/o Quote: Just hit Reply on the very last post, but not the Reply in the More dropdown that you show. Instead you want Reply that is two notches left of More. Doing that means you are just replying to the thread and not necessarily to the last post.

• Reply To Last Post with Quote: Hit Reply on the very last post, but to ensure the reader understands that you are replying specifically to his/her post hit Quote, which will copy in the last post.

• Reply To A Previous Post: If you are responding to a previous post, meaning not the last one, then click Reply on that post. When someone views your post they'll see a "Replying to" note with a link, and if they click that link they are shown the post to which you are replying. You could hit Quote to copy in their text to make sure people know that you are responding to that post, but it probably isn't necessary.

As for the Reply shown below, which is from the More dropdown, that emails to the person that made the post. That's not something that shows up in the thread. Perhaps we should change the terminology to "Email to author", but I don't want to undertake those kinds of tweaks right now as they might get lost as we move to a different version of Nabble - hopefully next month.

Does that help?

Reply.jpg.a76fe1c7ae271926c6b8968cdff49c48.jpg

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but let me explain what options we have:

• Reply To Last Post w/o Quote: Just hit Reply on the very last post, but not the Reply in the More dropdown that you show. Instead you want Reply that is two notches left of More. Doing that means you are just replying to the thread and not necessarily to the last post.

Okay, this one works .... It just wasn't readily apparent and it takes some time to learn the system.

On this web site (annotated screen shot below) the "reply to the thread, not necessarily the last post" is under the last post (at the left side), which makes some sense because it is outside the last post. To reply to a particular post, there is a reply button inside that particular post and when doing that, one gets a copy of that post and can deselect part of the post that isn't needed, same as on the Bullnose site, when editing a post.

One other thing I like (on a roll here) is the post number. As a thread runs for several pages, 2, 3, 4, etc. the post numbers continue, I believe typically about 10 posts per page. For a really long thread with a lot of pages, it makes it somewhat easy to find a post. Actually, it would be even easier if the page number was included with the post number, but the post number can be handy for most threads with not many pages.

Sample page about what I mentioned above:

Screen_Shot_2021-08-28_at_9.png.e7a72a6bd2bf02a366365f1209dbd093.png

[Edit: Almost forgot, the place where I had some difficulty was on "Fuel Line Fitting: Hairpin or Duck Bill Clip? (’85 F-150 EFI 5l dual tanks)", post dated August 24, edit #2 on August 27. Wound up just editing the old post on the 24th.]

Every web site is different and it just takes time to learn the system.

Okay, this one works .... It just wasn't readily apparent and it takes some time to learn the system.

On this web site (annotated screen shot below) the "reply to the thread, not necessarily the last post" is under the last post (at the left side), which makes some sense because it is outside the last post. To reply to a particular post, there is a reply button inside that particular post and when doing that, one gets a copy of that post and can deselect part of the post that isn't needed, same as on the Bullnose site, when editing a post.

One other thing I like (on a roll here) is the post number. As a thread runs for several pages, 2, 3, 4, etc. the post numbers continue, I believe typically about 10 posts per page. For a really long thread with a lot of pages, it makes it somewhat easy to find a post. Actually, it would be even easier if the page number was included with the post number, but the post number can be handy for most threads with not many pages.

Sample page about what I mentioned above:

[Edit: Almost forgot, the place where I had some difficulty was on "Fuel Line Fitting: Hairpin or Duck Bill Clip? (’85 F-150 EFI 5l dual tanks)", post dated August 24, edit #2 on August 27. Wound up just editing the old post on the 24th.]

Every web site is different and it just takes time to learn the system.

Yep, the software that runs FTE, and many other forums, does have the post # on it. Several of us on here spent a lot of time using that software and wish we had the post #. We don't, but we do have the time and date of the post, so that will let you find the post.

Anyway, yes it takes time to learn a new system. This one certainly isn't perfect, but it does work pretty well once you get used to it.

But I beg to differ - a thread doesn't "run for several pages". In my case they "run for hundreds of pages". :nabble_anim_blbl: (Big Blue's Transformation is currently at 285 pages and still going.)

• 1 month later...

Yep, the software that runs FTE, and many other forums, does have the post # on it. Several of us on here spent a lot of time using that software and wish we had the post #. We don't, but we do have the time and date of the post, so that will let you find the post.

Anyway, yes it takes time to learn a new system. This one certainly isn't perfect, but it does work pretty well once you get used to it.

But I beg to differ - a thread doesn't "run for several pages". In my case they "run for hundreds of pages". :nabble_anim_blbl: (Big Blue's Transformation is currently at 285 pages and still going.)

I have zero clue on how to report posts here, but user "dase32" made a post in the Free/For Sale section under a thread regarding a 1984 blue seat. The post contains a bad spam hyperlink that may contain viruses. I see them all the time on my Ranger forum and have to ban every single user that makes the same style of post. Can you take a look at the post Gary?

Capture.jpg.9362b0788830485d5b36ce2e05fe2070.jpg

I have zero clue on how to report posts here, but user "dase32" made a post in the Free/For Sale section under a thread regarding a 1984 blue seat. The post contains a bad spam hyperlink that may contain viruses. I see them all the time on my Ranger forum and have to ban every single user that makes the same style of post. Can you take a look at the post Gary?

You did well, Shaun. Thanks.

I've banned him and removed his post. Plus I sent him an email explaining that he has been banned and if he thinks that is unfair he can email me with why he should be allowed to remain.

You did well, Shaun. Thanks.

I've banned him and removed his post. Plus I sent him an email explaining that he has been banned and if he thinks that is unfair he can email me with why he should be allowed to remain.

In my experience, they are usually bots, and the IP addresses almost always come back from the middle east. So your email will probably fall on electronic ears.