Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Jim - I'm getting lost. I cannot replicate your problems on the edit window. And I can't get the ribbon of social icons to come up on my phone, no matter what I do.

But, I took Sumo off. Let's see what that does. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Maybe it's just down to iDevice v Android...

In edit, the text doesn't wrap.

So, if I can't see what I want to edit, or the end of the last line is beyond my window, I just can't get the cursor there.

When I flip my phone things are okay (enough)

But as soon as I click in the box, the keyboard drives sumo up, and if I scroll down, the hamburger and garagemahal header fill the rest of the screen. (To where I don't even have a full view of ONE line of text @12pt)

I would have to take a picture with another device. Because screenshots don't capture what it is that I see (or DON'T see, actually)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just down to iDevice v Android...

In edit, the text doesn't wrap.

So, if I can't see what I want to edit, or the end of the last line is beyond my window, I just can't get the cursor there.

When I flip my phone things are okay (enough)

But as soon as I click in the box, the keyboard drives sumo up, and if I scroll down, the hamburger and garagemahal header fill the rest of the screen. (To where I don't even have a full view of ONE line of text @12pt)

I would have to take a picture with another device. Because screenshots don't capture what it is that I see (or DON'T see, actually)

But...... Sumo shouldn't come up as it is now completely disabled.

But...... Sumo shouldn't come up as it is now completely disabled.

Yes, NOW (today) I can see four lines of my post, UNTIL I scroll down, the hamburger moves in, and then I can see a whopping FULL line of my post, in the edit window.

Like I said, it's just like the first word processors, that came after Selectrics. 😖

Yes, NOW (today) I can see four lines of my post, UNTIL I scroll down, the hamburger moves in, and then I can see a whopping FULL line of my post, in the edit window.

Like I said, it's just like the first word processors, that came after Selectrics. 😖

We are making progress. And someone keeps saying progress is good. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The hamburger is part of the same header that the Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose Bible) text was in. So just removing the text didn't really accomplish much. I don't know what can be done about that, but I'll look to see.

Or, would it be better if we got the edit window to be responsive to the width of the screen and you used the device in portrait mode? I'm not saying I can do that, but it might be possible.

We are making progress. And someone keeps saying progress is good. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The hamburger is part of the same header that the Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose Bible) text was in. So just removing the text didn't really accomplish much. I don't know what can be done about that, but I'll look to see.

Or, would it be better if we got the edit window to be responsive to the width of the screen and you used the device in portrait mode? I'm not saying I can do that, but it might be possible.

The very first comment I made was that the text won't wrap in portrait, in the edit window

If that was resolved I wouldn't have to xxxxxxx in landscape, and none of this would be an issue.

You're chasing the symptom, not the cause.

How was the 'newer' movie?

Gaaah, "moving pictures" as if that's an exciting concept in the 21st century.

So I still see the bank of blue buttons (sumo?) above my keyboard while in the edit window (and ONLY the edit window)

Here, look at where the text goes.

Screenshot_20190727-200256.thumb.png.ee85657f9c46207b1ab54cc0a75f8288.png

If that bottom line is long enough, I can't add to my post.

And I often hit 'post', and when I see it in the context of the thread, I realize I wasn't pedantic enough, so I want to complete my explanation.

But I can't

I can't in portrait.

I can't (really) in landscape.

Something that should work, but doesn't, really gets under my skin.

Here, look at where the text goes.

If that bottom line is long enough, I can't add to my post.

And I often hit 'post', and when I see it in the context of the thread, I realize I wasn't pedantic enough, so I want to complete my explanation.

But I can't

I can't in portrait.

I can't (really) in landscape.

Something that should work, but doesn't, really gets under my skin.

I've done some playing and set the Maximum Width Of Messages parameter in Advanced Settings to 300px for my iPhone X. That makes the messages wrap nicely in portrait mode when reading the messages as well as when creating them. But, it still limits the width to 300px in portrait mode, which is too narrow. And, it doesn't change a thing in the window where you are editing your own previous response.

So when editing your own post in portrait mode you get a window like this, which doesn't work at all since you can't see all of he message horizontally. On the other hand, you can see about 9 lines vertically.

Edit_Post_Window_iPhoneX_-_Portrait.thumb.jpg.43c69c2c56c68a033d29b4d663b72300.jpg

Or, you can turn it landscape and get this. You can see all of the message horizontally, but only 6 lines vertically if you scroll the Quote/Insert Image/etc menu bar up. And yes, if you scroll down you'll get the hamburger menu, but if you scroll back up a bit it goes away.

Edit_Post_Window_iPhoneX_-_Landscape.thumb.jpg.958a0883638e080493ccf6565bb2f797.jpg

So Jim, how close does this align with your experience?

I've done some playing and set the Maximum Width Of Messages parameter in Advanced Settings to 300px for my iPhone X. That makes the messages wrap nicely in portrait mode when reading the messages as well as when creating them. But, it still limits the width to 300px in portrait mode, which is too narrow. And, it doesn't change a thing in the window where you are editing your own previous response.

So when editing your own post in portrait mode you get a window like this, which doesn't work at all since you can't see all of he message horizontally. On the other hand, you can see about 9 lines vertically.

Or, you can turn it landscape and get this. You can see all of the message horizontally, but only 6 lines vertically if you scroll the Quote/Insert Image/etc menu bar up. And yes, if you scroll down you'll get the hamburger menu, but if you scroll back up a bit it goes away.

So Jim, how close does this align with your experience?

Very similar except, as i said, I see only 4 lines in landscape.

And only one once the hamburger drops.

Yes you can intentionally overshoot, so you can be scrolling up, and then get the lines back.

This is just more frustration. (Up, down, up)

Try it with sumo coming up from the bottom as well, and prepare to suicide.

Part of the difference might be that you have a higher pixel count (denser screen) in your iPhone.

Maybe if I had a more premium Android phone (S10, or the like) I would see more lines. IDK.

Very similar except, as i said, I see only 4 lines in landscape.

And only one once the hamburger drops.

Yes you can intentionally overshoot, so you can be scrolling up, and then get the lines back.

This is just more frustration. (Up, down, up)

Try it with sumo coming up from the bottom as well, and prepare to suicide.

Part of the difference might be that you have a higher pixel count (denser screen) in your iPhone.

Maybe if I had a more premium Android phone (S10, or the like) I would see more lines. IDK.

Ok, glad that I'm finally getting on the same page as you. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

I've posted the problem in the Nabble Support forum and my friend Greg has come back suggesting I turn on "Responsive" in the setup. But that's already on. Anyway, at least I got a response. But I know from back channel comm's that he's really busy right now so I'm not sure much more will happen immediately.

Anyway, we are together on what the problem is now, which will make it much easier to resolve. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, glad that I'm finally getting on the same page as you. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

I've posted the problem in the Nabble Support forum and my friend Greg has come back suggesting I turn on "Responsive" in the setup. But that's already on. Anyway, at least I got a response. But I know from back channel comm's that he's really busy right now so I'm not sure much more will happen immediately.

Anyway, we are together on what the problem is now, which will make it much easier to resolve. :nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_anim_claps:. :nabble_anim_handshake:. :nabble_smiley_good: