Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Can the posts be numbered?

So it's easier to refer to post#123 instead of trying to quote it or describe the contents of a post. **that may be pages away?

Is there a way for you to put a link back to the main forum from the bottom of threads in the new members introductions sub-forum?

I think some new members may be getting stuck there.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way for you to put a link back to the main forum from the bottom of threads in the new members introductions sub-forum?

I think some new members may be getting stuck there.

Another interesting glitch today.

I was replying to a post and the page wouldn't scroll up far enough for me to see the 'post message' button.

I was replying to a post and the page wouldn't scroll up far enough for me to see the 'post message' button.

Yeah, you REALLY need a Bullnose Enthusiasts homepage link back at the bottom of the introductions threads......

This is a problem that's bitten me a few times, but each time I've been on a real computer, not a mobile device. And on a computer you can do a Control+ or Control- and zoom in or out which seems to resolve the problem.

Were you on a computer or mobile device? If the latter, is there a way to zoom in/out?

Anyway, I'll see if I can get it fixed.

Yeah, you REALLY need a Bullnose Enthusiasts homepage link back at the bottom of the introductions threads......

Similar question - are you on a computer or mobile device? On a computer and on my iPhone I have "Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)" at the very top of the screen. If you click on it you are taken to the main page. But, maybe that's not that obvious?

So, what if it was blue with a line under it? Would that make it obvious that it is a link?

Anyway, I'll check and see what it would take to put a link to the main page at the bottom of every page.

This is a problem that's bitten me a few times, but each time I've been on a real computer, not a mobile device. And on a computer you can do a Control+ or Control- and zoom in or out which seems to resolve the problem.

Were you on a computer or mobile device? If the latter, is there a way to zoom in/out?

Anyway, I'll see if I can get it fixed.

Similar question - are you on a computer or mobile device? On a computer and on my iPhone I have "Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)" at the very top of the screen. If you click on it you are taken to the main page. But, maybe that's not that obvious?

So, what if it was blue with a line under it? Would that make it obvious that it is a link?

Anyway, I'll check and see what it would take to put a link to the main page at the bottom of every page.

I did try zooming in and out.

Still wouldn't show me farther than the Orange box you write the reply in.

It's not that it doesn't look like a link.

It's that it could be 15 posts up the page, and noobs don't register every bit of background as they navigate.

Yes, I see the bullnose button at the top of each thread page.

But I was just in Schwabbers thread (or something) and have to scroll furiously to reach it.

All the threads down here go back to the main page.

You had a new user the other day saying how unfamiliar he was with forums, when you told him he kept posting in his introduction thread.

If he actually saw a way to get here at the end of making a post (or whatever) maybe he would post & open a new topic down here

I did try zooming in and out.

Still wouldn't show me farther than the Orange box you write the reply in.

It's not that it doesn't look like a link.

It's that it could be 15 posts up the page, and noobs don't register every bit of background as they navigate.

Yes, I see the bullnose button at the top of each thread page.

But I was just in Schwabbers thread (or something) and have to scroll furiously to reach it.

All the threads down here go back to the main page.

You had a new user the other day saying how unfamiliar he was with forums, when you told him he kept posting in his introduction thread.

If he actually saw a way to get here at the end of making a post (or whatever) maybe he would post & open a new topic down here

Ok, I've asked if there is a way to put a link on the bottom of the page.

Yeah, I'm saying change <----- return to new members...

To <--- return to bullnose enthusiasts

Actually, the top of the page has a link to Bullnose Enthusiasts and to New Members.... But the bottom of the page only has the link to New Members. So, if we got the bottom to have both links wouldn't that do it?

Actually, the top of the page has a link to Bullnose Enthusiasts and to New Members.... But the bottom of the page only has the link to New Members. So, if we got the bottom to have both links wouldn't that do it?

Maybe? IDK

I'm not the noob user who has problems.

Why don't you ask them???

What you have now might make sense to you.

But it is a pita on mobile and unapparent/un-intuitive to new members.

Maybe? IDK

I'm not the noob user who has problems.

Why don't you ask them???

What you have now might make sense to you.

But it is a pita on mobile and unapparent/un-intuitive to new members.

One thing I DO know:

Don't present neophytes with too many choices.

That WILL always bite you in the azz