Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

I'd mentioned it before and I'm not complaining now.

Just elaborating on what BuggTruck said.

I don't know that you can do anything, but I'm glad you see it as an issue.

Here’s what I see in landscape on my iPhone:

1567759F-4998-4261-A564-01B859EF00B2.thumb.png.a2b137956511d3a395a35f327e9bf36a.png

But here’s what I see in portrait:

05BC0F54-4358-49EB-AF74-C15D8B57560E.thumb.png.9ceaa163f3e9b5792a38ffc3f55b968f.png

Is this roughly what you are seeing?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a big part of it.

But the text also won't wrap in portrait.

AND you can't scroll sideways...

So you end up holding your phone sideways and between the title block and the keyboard you have a tiny window (like on the first word proscessers)

Touch the wrong place and !poof! it's gone...

This is why I said the hotlinks for the 3G harness would have to wait until my cell plan renews and I have more tethering allotment.

Because $@&+# that!

It's just not worth the frustration.

On android-

I think the culprit is chrome. Sometimes it will let me open the image in a new tab and sometimes it wont. I can zoom but have to start the zoom on the text portion of the screen. And whatever the gallery thing you are using may be an awesome option for a computer but is pointless on the phone.

Site is unusable in Samsung browser, no idea why. Menu is garbled and site is displayed poorly. Dont know that you could even fix that.

Just tried it in firefox. Firefox plays nice and i have no issues with the edit window! If you come up with nothing, maybe just a note for now that "on android, the site is best viewed using firefox"

Ardwrkntrk let me know how firefox works for you.

Here’s what I see in landscape on my iPhone:

But here’s what I see in portrait:

Is this roughly what you are seeing?

I don't see the title bar crowding you in landscape.

And the text seems to be wrapping for you in portrait.

I could probably deal with what you've got.

But I sure can't deal with what I get.

(Screenshots to come if I get on wifi)

I'll have to give Firefox a try.

The unfortunate thing is I can't just follow the link from Gmail notification.

I have to open a browser window (and not the default Chrome either) find the thread, THEN more and edit.

It's just clunky, and you can see that it was never optimized for mobile.

But times change and most people browse on a mobile device if they're not sitting in front of a screen at work.

I don't see the title bar crowding you in landscape.

And the text seems to be wrapping for you in portrait.

I could probably deal with what you've got.

But I sure can't deal with what I get.

(Screenshots to come if I get on wifi)

I'll have to give Firefox a try.

The unfortunate thing is I can't just follow the link from Gmail notification.

I have to open a browser window (and not the default Chrome either) find the thread, THEN more and edit.

It's just clunky, and you can see that it was never optimized for mobile.

But times change and most people browse on a mobile device if they're not sitting in front of a screen at work.

Guys - I've perused the Nabble support site and everything they suggest we have done. So I need to know if the Firefox browser works for you, Jim.

Also, Jim, can you read Gmail using the Safari browser? That way you could click on the link and be taken directly to the post. Or, would that change the way you do everything beyond the site?

Then, depending on the outcome of Jim's tests, we need to put together a list of issues that I can work on.

Guys - I've perused the Nabble support site and everything they suggest we have done. So I need to know if the Firefox browser works for you, Jim.Also, Jim, can you read Gmail using the Safari browser? That way you could click on the link and be taken directly to the post. Or, would that change the way you do everything beyond the site?Then, depending on the outcome of Jim's tests, we need to put together a list of issues that I can work on.
At some point you've set Chrome to be the default program to open upon a link click in gmail on android. You have to go to your android settings, to apps, then to chrome (where it shows you how much space its using etc.). Then "clear defaults". Next time you click a link in gmail itll ask you what browser to use.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 5:59 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address wrote:

I understand what you're saying but I didn't set Chrome as default...

It was the only browser installed on this phone when I bought it and I've never really had a problem with it.

So, I have to actually put Firefox & Safari on (in?) my phone before it is an option.

ATM I have sketchy cell signal so that's going to wait till I'm on WiFi.

Back in the day everything I owned was rooted, modded, skinned and I was trying new browsers, cameras, modems, etc all the time.

An SG S3 or Note 2 seems so quaint today but it was fun to explore the possibilities.

Touchwiz was a nightmare UI and fortunately I never truly bricked a device.

I understand what you're saying but I didn't set Chrome as default...

It was the only browser installed on this phone when I bought it and I've never really had a problem with it.

So, I have to actually put Firefox & Safari on (in?) my phone before it is an option.

ATM I have sketchy cell signal so that's going to wait till I'm on WiFi.

Back in the day everything I owned was rooted, modded, skinned and I was trying new browsers, cameras, modems, etc all the time.

An SG S3 or Note 2 seems so quaint today but it was fun to explore the possibilities.

Touchwiz was a nightmare UI and fortunately I never truly bricked a device.

Another ask...

Can we get more emoticons?

I see the forum seems to support unicode.

I tried a purple devil the other day.

But as I am not on a real keyboard this is a pita.

Ill try some other browsers and see how my phone deals with the edit window.

Another ask...

Jim - That's an interesting question/request. And, after some research it appears that we can have more emoticons. So, why don't I create a thread asking the folks what emoticons we want to add and what ones we might want to ditch. :nabble_anim_working:

Another ask...

Jim - That's an interesting question/request. And, after some research it appears that we can have more emoticons. So, why don't I create a thread asking the folks what emoticons we want to add and what ones we might want to ditch. :nabble_anim_working:

Well, you NEED a unicorn!

I'd like a 'bright idea', ROTFL, Ferdinand the bull (this is a bullnose forum) it's good for very angry or blowing off steam.

Overall, some less ambiguous characters.

Sometimes I'm surprised what -means- what when the description pops up.

But then again that may be down to my complete lack of recognizing facial expression and social clues

Well, you NEED a unicorn!

I'd like a 'bright idea', ROTFL, Ferdinand the bull (this is a bullnose forum) it's good for very angry or blowing off steam.

Overall, some less ambiguous characters.

Sometimes I'm surprised what -means- what when the description pops up.

But then again that may be down to my complete lack of recognizing facial expression and social clues

Yes, a unicorn would be good. But it has to be a gif.

And, as I said in the new thread, there are way too many emoticons in the stock list that are essentially the same. Or, the name that you see when you hover over it doesn't match the emotion I get when I see it. However, I can rename them if that would help, but you only see it when you hover, so....

Yes, ROTFL. And a bull. And a Ford oval?

Anyway, let's see what we can find.