Bullnose Forum

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

You mean that this is missing in the quote? " that a sentence or two is missing from either your new post or the post you were replying to?" I think that's because in quoting quotes you don't get everything. But I'm not sure that's what you mean.

So please help me understand, I'm old and slow.

Took a screenshot and then erased some of my words in the post before yours so hopefully you can see what is going on.

Forum_Issue.jpg.197b810d7097f21a849b02f7680d13b8.jpg

If that doesn't make sense, here's what your post would look like to me.

Ok, I THINK I see what you are saying. And I believe you have a form of a problem I've had several times lately - things disappear from the screen. I get around it by hitting Control + or Control - to increase or decrease the screen's zoom. That seems to bring everything back and then I can go back to 100% zoom.

I usually have it when I'm replying and I loose the Post & Preview buttons.

Does that sorta describe what you are seeing? Can you try the zoom "solution"?

Ok, I THINK I see what you are saying. And I believe you have a form of a problem I've had several times lately - things disappear from the screen. I get around it by hitting Control + or Control - to increase or decrease the screen's zoom. That seems to bring everything back and then I can go back to 100% zoom.

I usually have it when I'm replying and I loose the Post & Preview buttons.

Does that sorta describe what you are seeing? Can you try the zoom "solution"?

Refreshing the screen always brings the post back, so I just go that route. I'm just wondering if it happens to anybody else in case it's an issue on my side.

• 1 month later...

Yes, let's see what others say.

It was briefly mentioned on another thread, but how about a “photo of the month thread” the reason i suggest it here is because would work best as a sticky. There are some great looking trucks here and it would be great to see them intentionally shown off!

It was briefly mentioned on another thread, but how about a “photo of the month thread” the reason i suggest it here is because would work best as a sticky. There are some great looking trucks here and it would be great to see them intentionally shown off!

We used to do that, and had the truck of the month showing at the top of the page. But few submitted their truck's pic, and people didn't want a pic always at the top of the page.

However, we ought to be able to find a way to do it. We could have a separate page. Like maybe a folder for Truck Of The Month and date each entry. Or, maybe better, a page in the Documentation section?

Anyway, y'all suggest how to do it. Where to put it. Who decides what the TOTM is. Etc. I'll do the :nabble_anim_working:

We used to do that, and had the truck of the month showing at the top of the page. But few submitted their truck's pic, and people didn't want a pic always at the top of the page.

However, we ought to be able to find a way to do it. We could have a separate page. Like maybe a folder for Truck Of The Month and date each entry. Or, maybe better, a page in the Documentation section?

Anyway, y'all suggest how to do it. Where to put it. Who decides what the TOTM is. Etc. I'll do the :nabble_anim_working:

In my many years across multiple truck forums, TOTM always loses interest and shutters to nothing. I think a better way to see others' trucks would be a single thread titled "Show us your Bullnose Ford!", where people can post pictures of their trucks. One problem with threads like that however, is as time goes on, picture links no longer work. Is Nabble the same way Gary?

In my many years across multiple truck forums, TOTM always loses interest and shutters to nothing. I think a better way to see others' trucks would be a single thread titled "Show us your Bullnose Ford!", where people can post pictures of their trucks. One problem with threads like that however, is as time goes on, picture links no longer work. Is Nabble the same way Gary?

Nabble doesn't seem to be that way. Instead of the picture actually being hosted elsewhere and just loaded from there when you load a Nabble page, the pictures are actually stored on Nabble. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Nabble doesn't seem to be that way. Instead of the picture actually being hosted elsewhere and just loaded from there when you load a Nabble page, the pictures are actually stored on Nabble. :nabble_smiley_oh:

But then there's the issue of migrating them when Babble is shuttered or can no longer meet our needs.