Bullnose Forum

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Thank you for implementing the link to the main forum beneath threads in the new user sub-forum! :nabble_smiley_good:

I think it will help engagement down here

Welcome. Hope it helps. But I know there's more tweaking that needs to be done, and depending on what others say maybe lots more.

Let's see what happens.

If it starts to slip, I can always TTT.

Pinned!

Does anyone else have maddening troubles on mobile when in the edit window?

My 'cursor' jumps around cutting existing text up or deleting it entirely.

I'll even be in the middle of a word and it will do this.

Another thorn in my side....

Highlighting anything in the top few rows creates a pop up that blocks any of the composition buttons.

(Maybe I do want to add a pic or emphasis at the beginning of a post)

It's a pita to 'enter' half a dozen lines to do a simple task, and then have to back out of them.

Does anyone else have maddening troubles on mobile when in the edit window?

My 'cursor' jumps around cutting existing text up or deleting it entirely.

I'll even be in the middle of a word and it will do this.

Another thorn in my side....

Highlighting anything in the top few rows creates a pop up that blocks any of the composition buttons.

(Maybe I do want to add a pic or emphasis at the beginning of a post)

It's a pita to 'enter' half a dozen lines to do a simple task, and then have to back out of them.

And ... Is there any way to block that darned title bar from moving down as you scroll the edit window?

Arrrrgh! :nabble_smiley_argh:

And ... Is there any way to block that darned title bar from moving down as you scroll the edit window?

Arrrrgh! :nabble_smiley_argh:

Jim - I have that on the title bar issue on the list to check out.

However, having been on a Disney cruise and supposedly around pirates, I'm told that the proper term is "Arrrr" w/o the "gh". :nabble_anim_blbl:

That's a big part of it.

But the text also won't wrap in portrait.

AND you can't scroll sideways...

So you end up holding your phone sideways and between the title block and the keyboard you have a tiny window (like on the first word proscessers)

Touch the wrong place and !poof! it's gone...

It's just not worth the frustration.

Jim - Is this still the status on your Android when replying?

I'm trying to work the issue and need to understand what the problems are for sure. As I understand it, the issues are:

1. The "Gary's Garage (The Bullnose bible)" header blocks part of the window on your Android. Right? On my iPhone if I scroll up on the screen it goes away, but if I scroll down it comes back.

2. The text won't wrap in portrait.

3. You can't scroll sideways.

And, have you tried the other browsers?

Just wanting to get all the issues associated with the reply window on a mobile device nailed down before I work on it.

That's a big part of it.

But the text also won't wrap in portrait.

AND you can't scroll sideways...

So you end up holding your phone sideways and between the title block and the keyboard you have a tiny window (like on the first word proscessers)

Touch the wrong place and !poof! it's gone...

It's just not worth the frustration.

Jim - Is this still the status on your Android when replying?

I'm trying to work the issue and need to understand what the problems are for sure. As I understand it, the issues are:

1. The "Gary's Garage (The Bullnose bible)" header blocks part of the window on your Android. Right? On my iPhone if I scroll up on the screen it goes away, but if I scroll down it comes back.

2. The text won't wrap in portrait.

3. You can't scroll sideways.

And, have you tried the other browsers?

Just wanting to get all the issues associated with the reply window on a mobile device nailed down before I work on it.

1) and when I scroll up, the Facebook, Twitter, etc block everything too.

I see less than one line vertical as soon as I click the text box and my keyboard appears.

Firefox is better, but in general the experience is horrible.

1) and when I scroll up, the Facebook, Twitter, etc block everything too.

I see less than one line vertical as soon as I click the text box and my keyboard appears.

Firefox is better, but in general the experience is horrible.

I’ll see what I can do. :nabble_anim_working:

I’ll see what I can do. :nabble_anim_working:

Jim - Let's take this one thing at a time. I think I turned the social media thing off for mobile users. Please check and see if that fixed that one problem. (We may want to turn it off for all users, but for now let's do this piecemeal.)