Bullnose Forums

Two Tone Paint Scheme

None of these trucks are mine nor are the photos mine. Pulled from a google search.

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg

Scott, thanks for the pictures why did I not think of Google search :nabble_anim_confused:

That black with white with the white roof is what I was talking of, I just never seen a flare side done like that, would that be factory on a flare? It is different and I don't know if I like it or not?

I also now see in the pictures the tail gate has the 2nd color in it also and the letters in the base color

was this also factory as I have only seen the letters in the 2nd color.

As much as I would like to paint the letters back on the gate like the factory did I am going with decals with a twist if I can .... you will have to wait ;)

Thanks again guys

Dave ----

It is different and I don't know if I like it or not?

Right? I think both styles look good and after seeing them both on the flaresides I would have a hard time choosing.

... I am going with decals with a twist if I can .... you will have to wait ;)

I am intrigued now. I like tailgates with character. Even just the different color letters adds a lot to me.

I think I asked you once how far around the back the color goes as I had nothing to go by on mine.

Blue_and_White.jpg

This is another scheme I have not seen before.

Don't know if I have even seen it on a style side?

Thanks

Dave ----

On my 1980 F150, the primary brown color had washed out underneath the clear coat on the fenders, revealing the light tan secondary color underneath. Is it possible that your entire truck was sprayed white, and then the red was laid on secondary, resulting in white paint underneath the red?

On my 1980 F150, the primary brown color had washed out underneath the clear coat on the fenders, revealing the light tan secondary color underneath. Is it possible that your entire truck was sprayed white, and then the red was laid on secondary, resulting in white paint underneath the red?

Most likely not.

Paint is money why put paint on something that is going to be covered or another color over the top of it?

They did not put paint under vinyl tops because of the money saved and why they rusted out.

So no way they would paint the whole truck 1 color then put a different color over some of it.

Where I found the white paint on mine is up to high on the pillar to be over spray and why I think the top might have been painted.

Dave ----

• 3 years later...

None of these trucks are mine nor are the photos mine. Pulled from a google search.

In 1987, that paint scheme was available for Stylesides, but not Flaresides. I liked it a lot, so I had my 1983 Flareside painted with that roof/rocker two-tone. I also had an orange pin stripe applied to the blue & white seams.

1987_F150_Two-Tone_paint_scheme.jpg.b33fb1f5f5f3fab15af603b04eab39ba.jpg

1983_F-150_Flareside_4x4_03s.jpg.b2c4ae3bd3e9b442f0e7c692e4188dfb.jpg

In 1987, that paint scheme was available for Stylesides, but not Flaresides. I liked it a lot, so I had my 1983 Flareside painted with that roof/rocker two-tone. I also had an orange pin stripe applied to the blue & white seams.

Red - You may have missed the email that asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction there. We do that because we hold everyone to those guidelines so want to give them every opportunity to have read them since that's where they are posted.

Don't worry, plenty of people miss that step. But please go read the guidelines and post your intro there. We want to get to know you.

Most likely not.

Paint is money why put paint on something that is going to be covered or another color over the top of it?

They did not put paint under vinyl tops because of the money saved and why they rusted out.

So no way they would paint the whole truck 1 color then put a different color over some of it.

Where I found the white paint on mine is up to high on the pillar to be over spray and why I think the top might have been painted.

Dave ----

It may seem weird, but Ford actually painted their trucks that way.

Secondary color went on first, then primary color went on second.

So on your truck, the white would have gone on first, (The whole truck) then the red went on top of that.

I think it is backwards myself, but seen too many of them painted like this.

It may seem weird, but Ford actually painted their trucks that way.

Secondary color went on first, then primary color went on second.

So on your truck, the white would have gone on first, (The whole truck) then the red went on top of that.

I think it is backwards myself, but seen too many of them painted like this.

What threw me off, was the primer had a yellowish color on mine. I see this all the time in 1980s truck and motorcycles now from that decade. In my personal restore, it went Primer>color of the truck. I saw no white anywhere, or any other color.