Bullnose Forums

Two Tone Paint Scheme

I think I know the answer but want to ask anyway.

I did a look in the information area above and did not see anything on two tone paint schemes to see what they look like.

And here is the one I think I know.

I know if two tone it is listed on the cert label in the door jamb what the colors should be

But is there a way to tell what scheme the truck came with from the factory?

I ask because when wet sanding my 81 Flare Side for painting, I know it was two tone (red/white) from the factory, I came across some white paint up pretty high on the B pillar that might point to a white roof along with white down the sides.

I did not see this when doing body work or I would have questioned it back then.

As nice as it would be to have a white roof for sun heat issues, I am not going to paint it white.

Just wondered if you can tell what scheme.

Thanks

Dave ----

I don't know if a Marti report shows the paint scheme or not but if not, the b pillar is the best single place to look.

Taken from a FTE post:

FordTwoTones.jpg

Scott, thanks for that.

I don't know if they did the roof in the 2nd color on flares or not.

Good question on the report wonder if someone that has gotten one and has two tone could answer as I am too cheap to get a report LOL

Dave are you doing red with white in the middle?

Yes but when sanding the other day I saw white on the B pillar and why the question.

Just have not seen a flare with the roof done in the middle color.

Shirt says it all!

20180621_174235.jpg.43021e582eb09047062d24a54496ca84.jpg

Dave ----

I don't know if a Marti report shows the paint scheme or not but if not, the b pillar is the best single place to look.

Taken from a FTE post:

FordTwoTones.jpg

Scott, thanks for that.

I don't know if they did the roof in the 2nd color on flares or not.

Good question on the report wonder if someone that has gotten one and has two tone could answer as I am too cheap to get a report LOL

Dave are you doing red with white in the middle?

Yes but when sanding the other day I saw white on the B pillar and why the question.

Just have not seen a flare with the roof done in the middle color.

Shirt says it all!

Dave ----

No, the paint scheme is not coded in the VIN, and I don't think it's on the VC label.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/72354/thumbnail/doorsticker.jpg

But the BODY coding changed over the years, so you'd have to find the code list for your specific year to find out what it indicates.

The image Scott posted appears to be 3 white trucks with red as the 2nd color (based on the bedrails all being white). Deluxe has the main color on the hood & roof; Combination has main on the hood but the accent color on the roof; Victoria has accent on the hood & main on the roof.

Your shirt appears to be a red truck with white accent in the Deluxe pattern.

No, the paint scheme is not coded in the VIN, and I don't think it's on the VC label.

But the BODY coding changed over the years, so you'd have to find the code list for your specific year to find out what it indicates.

The image Scott posted appears to be 3 white trucks with red as the 2nd color (based on the bedrails all being white). Deluxe has the main color on the hood & roof; Combination has main on the hood but the accent color on the roof; Victoria has accent on the hood & main on the roof.

None of these trucks are mine nor are the photos mine. Pulled from a google search.

1.jpeg.76ab24ab646635f8ae9865b65453b6a4.jpeg2.jpeg.6dd5266afc36b39ed52397d3fcf1aeda.jpeg3.jpeg.356a2d5368a5011bbd791d92c4f6156b.jpeg4.jpeg.11f82b4c2dc777beed654a523c5af4c7.jpeg5.jpeg.6580d45d38cce5dcd77d62257727e153.jpeg6.jpeg.af375b643c0cf87028961ffe7b9ca7ac.jpeg

Scott's first 2 & last one (with the camper), and reamer's last one, look like Combination to me; the rest look like Deluxe.

The light blue on the bottom, looks to be a re-paint. Note no Pinstripe tape between the two colors, didn't Ford Always use a tape to separate colors and hide the paint line?

Thanks Steve,

Yes the truck is red with the white in the center.

Most of the two tone flares I have seen pictures of were like this.

Then when sanding it the other day I found white up high on the B pillar and made me think maybe the roof was also white?

I have seen style sides with the roof in the 2nd color just not a flare side other than below.

Dave ----