Bullnose Forums

351 W Build Gone Wild

Bruno2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you did. And thanks to you for the help with Huck and the microfiche viewers. It was a productive day - except we didn't get the carb done.

Sounds like the carb is about to come together.:nabble_smiley_wink:

I am really curious to see if the comment in the book about the electric choke being uninstallable has any merit. Sure looked false from I was seeing. However, I wonder if we are going to have linkage issues? IOW, will the choke linkage on the 1406 parts carb not be the correct length???

Sounds like the carb is about to come together.:nabble_smiley_wink:

I am really curious to see if the comment in the book about the electric choke being uninstallable has any merit. Sure looked false from I was seeing. However, I wonder if we are going to have linkage issues? IOW, will the choke linkage on the 1406 parts carb not be the correct length???

I checked my gasket supplies while I was at the shop measuring the wheelbase for the fuel tanks. I am using some certain specific gaskets that are keeping me from buying a master gasket set. I need the 0.039 Thickness head gaskets for the build. Also, I like the Fel Pro one piece oil pan gasket. I cant get a master set with those in it. I had some left over from other projects as well as some of the new parts came with their own.

All I need is the rear main seal, intake set and a timing cover gasket. I ordered those from Rockauto today for like $21 total after shipping. As soon as they arrive I can start building the motor.

I checked my gasket supplies while I was at the shop measuring the wheelbase for the fuel tanks. I am using some certain specific gaskets that are keeping me from buying a master gasket set. I need the 0.039 Thickness head gaskets for the build. Also, I like the Fel Pro one piece oil pan gasket. I cant get a master set with those in it. I had some left over from other projects as well as some of the new parts came with their own.

All I need is the rear main seal, intake set and a timing cover gasket. I ordered those from Rockauto today for like $21 total after shipping. As soon as they arrive I can start building the motor.

That's basically what I've run into, having to piece things together to get the gaskets I want.