Bullnose Forums

351 W Build Gone Wild

Bruno2

Ok, I need some assistance please:

I do not have a bag with front cover bolts (that I can find). I still have some loosey's on the bench.

My book says what length, diameter and thread pitch they are. It also says something a washer maybe being made into the head or is it one of those that has a free spinning washer that cant be removed?

Any pictures?

Thank you!

One shown in the catalog is 383765, and here's what the Standard & Utility Parts Catalog says about it:

383765-S Bolt - Hex Hd. 5/16-18x3.625.

Another is 56124 and here's what it shows - a Type 2 head:

56124-S2.thumb.jpg.b3bad139bff03bd886c3d804e632acd2.jpg

One shown in the catalog is 383765, and here's what the Standard & Utility Parts Catalog says about it:

383765-S Bolt - Hex Hd. 5/16-18x3.625.

Another is 56124 and here's what it shows - a Type 2 head:

The only head that looks different is #4's reduced head.

Otherwise it looks like #3 has a pilot tip and #1 has an expanded shank under the head.

But, I may be way off base.

Glad you did. How far have you gotten?

Yesterday I installed the timing gears. The new eccentric came with a cam bolt. However, I opted to re use the old one because it had the hex head with slots cut in it (I cant remember the term and google cant help me either) that keeps a constant stress or torque on the bolt. My book said to use loctite on this bolt so I did . I used a dab of blue Loctite because I didnt want to use the red in this situation. The timing set is installed!

Cam_bolt.thumb.jpg.c817e1dd15607b2bfeb8cd9e472c910a.jpg

I cleaned up the work bench which was hiding a multitude of fasteners and such. I found another box that had some valvetrane fasteners and push rods in it. I did find the timing cover bolts. However, I need to figure out what the nut looks like that holds the oil pick up tube to the stud on the main cap. I also need to figure out what the bolts look like that hold the p/u tube to the oil pump.

The oil pump got installed with the drive shaft . So that is done now as well.

I found this little jewel while cleaning up the work bench:

linkage.thumb.jpg.4f32424d4a82691a0654cbb4576a521d.jpg

Yesterday I installed the timing gears. The new eccentric came with a cam bolt. However, I opted to re use the old one because it had the hex head with slots cut in it (I cant remember the term and google cant help me either) that keeps a constant stress or torque on the bolt. My book said to use loctite on this bolt so I did . I used a dab of blue Loctite because I didnt want to use the red in this situation. The timing set is installed!

I cleaned up the work bench which was hiding a multitude of fasteners and such. I found another box that had some valvetrane fasteners and push rods in it. I did find the timing cover bolts. However, I need to figure out what the nut looks like that holds the oil pick up tube to the stud on the main cap. I also need to figure out what the bolts look like that hold the p/u tube to the oil pump.

'Place Bolts'

You're making a lot of progress Brandon, and progress is good. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't think there is anything special about the bolts holding the pickup to the pump.

I would definitely use Loctite and the paper gasket.

That "jewel" is the adapter we made for the throttle bracket?

As for the bolts, the term is "place bolt".

Brandon, the one for the 460 pickup tube is a "prevailing torque" style so it can't loosen and come off, and I believe it has a flange on it.