Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

Not the L&L bracket, just the slotted J adjuster arm.

I hammered mine so it had 1/4" less offset, because the 3G mounting ear is about 1/4" thicker than my old 2G alternator.

Given I now have the L&L bracket I could probably get away with the 7" C-C mount, but with the 8.25 spread my adjuster bolt is not close to either end and easy to reach.

I hope you can get your alternator serviced quickly! :nabble_smiley_good:

Bruce - I appreciate that. It was actually the flange thickness I wanted to confirm and looks like Jim addressed that. If anything else comes up, I'll shoot you a text :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Jim. So just the bottom needs adjusted. Good to know. I don't think it was 1/4 but I had to shim that J arm out so I might be able to remove the shim and be halfway there.

Just for reference, here is the PowerMaster Ford Upgrade dimensions:

Capture.png.36fd154f805ebbf3248ce5a1a3743a77.png

Bruce - I appreciate that. It was actually the flange thickness I wanted to confirm and looks like Jim addressed that. If anything else comes up, I'll shoot you a text :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Jim. So just the bottom needs adjusted. Good to know. I don't think it was 1/4 but I had to shim that J arm out so I might be able to remove the shim and be halfway there.

Just for reference, here is the PowerMaster Ford Upgrade dimensions:

I don't see where it's showing you how thick the ear at 12:00 is.

Perhaps I can take some measurements for you tomorrow, if it isn't raining.

I don't see where it's showing you how thick the ear at 12:00 is.

Perhaps I can take some measurements for you tomorrow, if it isn't raining.

You're right. I should have looked at it closer. I'll do the same with mine and add it to the image.

You're right. I should have looked at it closer. I'll do the same with mine and add it to the image.

Just heard back from Accurate Electric and there was a short in the rotor. Sounds like it's somewhat special equipment so he is going to try and get parts from them and go from there.

Just heard back from Accurate Electric and there was a short in the rotor. Sounds like it's somewhat special equipment so he is going to try and get parts from them and go from there.

Hey, can you give Pete Whitestone some Powermaster advice in his climate control connector thread?

He just bought a 100A one wire Powermaster and obviously doesn't have any instructions on how to install or hook it up.

Its the "somewhat special equipment" bit that worries me. How 'bout asking him what he'd do if a 3G came in with a similar problem? Is that an easy fix?

Sure enjoyed seeing my voltmeter sit perfectly still on this trip. Ran the A/C the whole way and the voltage never wavered, even when at idle w/the A/C on.

Scott, Not sure who you talked to at Accurate. I used to deal with Steve, but that has been several years ago. If it was Steve, tell him I said hello. I haven't been out there much since I quit Wrenching on Firetrucks in 2004.

Scott, Not sure who you talked to at Accurate. I used to deal with Steve, but that has been several years ago. If it was Steve, tell him I said hello. I haven't been out there much since I quit Wrenching on Firetrucks in 2004.

Hey guys. Any emails going to me from last night until about 5pm today went into the ether. Was making some domain changes and messed up my mx records. So thanks for tagging me in Pete's thread this evening Jim as I'd missed all those.

Gary - I hope to get some more detail on that when either he tells me he can or can't get parts from Powermaster. I'll ask about the 3G when I hear back from him. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bruce - I can't recall his name but he was great to talk with. Seemed very knowledgeable and honest. Appreciate the recommendation and if it is Steve, I'll make sure to mention you.

So Jim, you are saying that eventually after some more time and money, I will be back to working like it was stock before I started spending time and money :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Hahaha. I like this comment! It reminds me of my three-on-the-tree steering column. I spent hundreds of dollars on obscure NOS parts that I waited weeks to get, and then carefully rebuilt the whole column, and in the end it worked about 3% better than before when it was all sloppy and loose...lol.