Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

Thanks guys. I was out doing some other stuff in the truck just now and was playing some 90's country. I was afraid of this but with the sub enclosed in there I am getting some rattling of the lid so will have to put some SS screws/bolts to hold the top down solid.

Also, the top is a 3M Rosewood vinyl I bought on eBay. It's a little more red than the dash but not terrible.

Gary - until the next meet up you will always be 'the guy with the roller coaster' :nabble_smiley_happy:

Scott - I actually thought about asking you to tell her that the roller coaster is in the yard next door. That couple's 6 year old niece is living with them so we loaned it to them. They have a nice hill in the back yard and she is having fun!

Getting the A/C going was the big thing lately on Camano but also worked on the center console. Thanks to a great 6yo helper I got it all wired and installed today.

The truck came with a carpet covered console (seen in first post) that while it may not have won any beauty pageants, I liked the simplicity of it. It fit with the truck.

The way it was built didn't fit with what I needed internally though so I copied the exterior pattern and built a new one.

The main purpose of it is to house the amp and Kicker Hideaway sub. I drove around with it before having it covered and the amp got pretty hot to the touch. Nowhere near shutoff temps but still warm. I decided to forego the front cubby and install a fan instead. Since I now had a 'control panel' to work with I made (3d printed) a panel that the fan mounts to as well as dual usb charging ports and a PowerPole port. The latter I have no idea if I'll use but I wanted the panel to be somewhat symmetrical and don't see a need for 4 usb charging ports. While googling other things to put in there I ran across the Big Blackie thread, saw Luke used these, and they sounded like a good choice for taking up the space.

This will also hold the arduino board for the future Torque project.

It mounts via front seatbelt holes. Still need to do some cable management and remove a lot of the excess but wanted to run with it awhile before I do that.

Exhaust vent

That interior is gorgeous, and I love that console. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. It's always nice to find a local small town shop (upholstery in this case) that does great work.

Had a heavy package delivered today and while not a super exciting post, it's nice to have a matched set. Bought the aux battery in May but finally got one to replace the main.

IMG_20200804_165824.thumb.jpg.f0a7cddc814abf01fcf3fcc2fb452c8c.jpg

Been using group 65's in these trucks for so long I'd forgotten how nice a smaller footprint (34) battery fits in there and sits flat.

Need to figure out a way to hold the aux down since the hooks are at an angle. Waiting to see what Gary comes up with for his.

Had a heavy package delivered today and while not a super exciting post, it's nice to have a matched set. Bought the aux battery in May but finally got one to replace the main.

Been using group 65's in these trucks for so long I'd forgotten how nice a smaller footprint (34) battery fits in there and sits flat.

Need to figure out a way to hold the aux down since the hooks are at an angle. Waiting to see what Gary comes up with for his.

You missed it. Here's what I have:

Main_Battery_Hold_Down_PCd_26_Installed.thumb.jpg.419a897842088d6e67f6688b420457f0.jpgAux_Battery_Hold_Down_PCd_26_Installed.thumb.jpg.a3b30df928d4b6841baf1b7282fb02e4.jpg

Is that the difference?

So you have a 65 in the Bricknose tray and a smaller 34 house battery?

Ah, I did miss you making the one for the aux battery. I knew about the one for the main and like how it turned out. I'll have to read back through your thread to see how you made your aux one straight across.

I did have a simple idea tonight that will still allow me to use the factory hold down. The only reason the factory one won't fit is that the top of the odyssey is too small. It has a lip that if it went straight up it would be wide enough. So I am going to make a rectangular spacer that sits on the ledge and makes the top wide enough for the hold down.

Jim - not sure if you are asking me or Gary but mine are both 34's with the terminals being mirrored. I am also using the bullnose tray.

I know Gary is using the bricknose tray and a bigger main battery but I don't recall if it's a 65.

Ah, I did miss you making the one for the aux battery. I knew about the one for the main and like how it turned out. I'll have to read back through your thread to see how you made your aux one straight across.

I did have a simple idea tonight that will still allow me to use the factory hold down. The only reason the factory one won't fit is that the top of the odyssey is too small. It has a lip that if it went straight up it would be wide enough. So I am going to make a rectangular spacer that sits on the ledge and makes the top wide enough for the hold down.

Jim - not sure if you are asking me or Gary but mine are both 34's with the terminals being mirrored. I am also using the bullnose tray.

I know Gary is using the bricknose tray and a bigger main battery but I don't recall if it's a 65.

I guess I was asking Gary because he has the side by side photo.

I've never had anything but a 65 (from the factory) so I was trying to get a sense of scale.

I recall Gary had to cobble together a piece of threaded rod to get his battery clamp to sit square.

I guess I was asking Gary because he has the side by side photo.

I've never had anything but a 65 (from the factory) so I was trying to get a sense of scale.

I recall Gary had to cobble together a piece of threaded rod to get his battery clamp to sit square.

I don't remember what I have. I'll look in a bit.