Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

That's correct.

You were able to get it in with the lock strip already in the gasket? I don't think I could have got it in that way. As tight as the gasket is against the truck now, even with the soaped rope, that had to have been a bear to do.

The rubber was a used one, saving the new for a slider if I get one, that was on the glass, not a slider, that was almost not in my parts truck.

When I went to pick the truck up the glass with rubber was half out from the roll over, I don't know how it did not break?

I did pull the rubber off the glass so I could clean the rubber and glass before I installed it in my truck.

So the chrome was never pulled, but if it was I would have put the chrome in the rubber then rubber on the glass.

I also did the rear glass by myself and did not think it was that hard but I have done many VW bug glass with the string & soap so it was not new to me.

Dave ----

The rubber was a used one, saving the new for a slider if I get one, that was on the glass, not a slider, that was almost not in my parts truck.

When I went to pick the truck up the glass with rubber was half out from the roll over, I don't know how it did not break?

I did pull the rubber off the glass so I could clean the rubber and glass before I installed it in my truck.

So the chrome was never pulled, but if it was I would have put the chrome in the rubber then rubber on the glass.

I also did the rear glass by myself and did not think it was that hard but I have done many VW bug glass with the string & soap so it was not new to me.

Dave ----

Haven't kept on top of posting any updates but have done a lot of little stuff to get it road (inspection) ready.

A few things off the top of my head:

Installed horns

Installed passenger side running board

Swapped distributor and set timing according to the Parkland instructions

Installed front trim (grill, headlamps, etc)

Drove it outside today. Still a ways to go but nice to see it moving :nabble_smiley_happy:

Appointment to get the windshield put in tomorrow.

October 2018

truck.png.ec99e6cf4d21c94ab4a21362cbdfc064.png

April 2020

IMG_20200408_120955.jpg.aea3fe4722469b1d9f4ee6ec97063a59.jpg

IMG_20200408_120829.jpg.0e9f80fe847b52f703d5afbf2b4d252e.jpg

Haven't kept on top of posting any updates but have done a lot of little stuff to get it road (inspection) ready.

A few things off the top of my head:

Installed horns

Installed passenger side running board

Swapped distributor and set timing according to the Parkland instructions

Installed front trim (grill, headlamps, etc)

Drove it outside today. Still a ways to go but nice to see it moving :nabble_smiley_happy:

Appointment to get the windshield put in tomorrow.

October 2018

April 2020

LOOKING GOOD! :nabble_anim_claps:

That's gotta be a really GOOD feeling. Congrat's!

LOOKING GOOD! :nabble_anim_claps:

That's gotta be a really GOOD feeling. Congrat's!

Thanks!

Just dawned on me though when looking at the picture and the running board - not sure how fun it will be getting the horizontal front fender trim on now... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Thanks!

Just dawned on me though when looking at the picture and the running board - not sure how fun it will be getting the horizontal front fender trim on now... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Looking good and I know it feels good to have it move under its own power.

Once the glass is in you going for a spin around the block :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----

Great! Looks good! I like your wheels. Do you know which brand they are?

Thanks guys.

Dave - you betcha! Hoping to get it inspected when I leave the glass shop but may take the long way around. Will have to see about registration since it expired while doing the rebuild and now the bureaus are closed.

Dane - these rims were actually on my wishlist when I was looking for a truck. They are Alcoa 167041's although I don't think mine have that exact number. 16 inch. I don't know if they were a factory option, dealer option, or just popular in the 80-90's but I saw quite a few of them on these trucks when scouring the country on Craigslist. Enough to not be too surprised to find this truck with them. They can still be bought and while mine aren't shined up, the photos of them new look sharp. Classic look and not overly flashy even when new - to my eye at least. I think they would look great on your truck! ;)

Amazing thread Scott. :nabble_anim_claps:

You are certainly on a whole other level when it comes to restoration! I have really enjoyed scanning your project. I will have to go through and read in more detail later but thanks for sharing such great detail and taking the time to write so much out. I am amazed how helpful the guys on this forum are... Keep up the great work!!!

Amazing thread Scott. :nabble_anim_claps:

You are certainly on a whole other level when it comes to restoration! I have really enjoyed scanning your project. I will have to go through and read in more detail later but thanks for sharing such great detail and taking the time to write so much out. I am amazed how helpful the guys on this forum are... Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks Jamie!

I read through most of your project thread awhile back (I remember seeing your avatar/name and following the trail to your project :nabble_smiley_beam:). Love seeing a Bronco project. There is a brown and white one in the local jy that I dread seeing on the crusher someday.

You are absolutely correct- there are a lot of not only super helpful guys on this forum but also extremely knowledgeable. Fortunately those chose the 7th gen to hang their hat on.

I am happy with how the truck is turning out but there are a lot of things I would do differently if I were to do it again. I won't get into that as some have been very, very painful lessons learned and there is no way to gracefully bring them up.

I have been trying to convince my son or daughter to want one of these trucks for their first vehicle but no bites yet. I need to work harder at it because now that this project has its major milestones completed, my wife may eventually get tired of my row of "but it's cheaper to buy the whole truck than the 1 part I need by itself" trucks.

IMG_20200229_142910.jpg.9dc21c7a26167edca2cadc30d2bb90be.jpg

My son (7) is big into Pokemon right now so at least he understands the concept of 'gotta catch em all'!

Thanks Jamie!

I read through most of your project thread awhile back (I remember seeing your avatar/name and following the trail to your project :nabble_smiley_beam:). Love seeing a Bronco project. There is a brown and white one in the local jy that I dread seeing on the crusher someday.

You are absolutely correct- there are a lot of not only super helpful guys on this forum but also extremely knowledgeable. Fortunately those chose the 7th gen to hang their hat on.

I am happy with how the truck is turning out but there are a lot of things I would do differently if I were to do it again. I won't get into that as some have been very, very painful lessons learned and there is no way to gracefully bring them up.

I have been trying to convince my son or daughter to want one of these trucks for their first vehicle but no bites yet. I need to work harder at it because now that this project has its major milestones completed, my wife may eventually get tired of my row of "but it's cheaper to buy the whole truck than the 1 part I need by itself" trucks.

My son (7) is big into Pokemon right now so at least he understands the concept of 'gotta catch em all'!

Thanks Scott, I wondered if they were Alcoas. I like my rims but someday perhaps I’ll get new ones.

Gotta catch em all! That’s hilarious!