Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

I hear a lot of freaking out and crying about "15 HORSEPOWER!!!"

But that's why most belt fans have a clutch.

I can hold my fan with one finger from stopped, as long as the clutch is cool.

If that's 1/20th of a horsepower I'd be surprised.

I get it, that people want their fan pulling anytime the AC is on.

My Ex's Honda had a pusher fan mounted in front of the condenser.

But looking at the size of the thing for these trucks I don't see that as a viable option.

Yeah, a pusher fan wouldn't be easy to do on Big Blue and the back side of the grille is already hacked up. So if I want a fan for the A/C I'll have to go electric. But that's a big IF given what Scott is learning. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I hear a lot of freaking out and crying about "15 HORSEPOWER!!!"

But that's why most belt fans have a clutch.

I can hold my fan with one finger from stopped, as long as the clutch is cool.

If that's 1/20th of a horsepower I'd be surprised.

I get it, that people want their fan pulling anytime the AC is on.

My Ex's Honda had a pusher fan mounted in front of the condenser.

But looking at the size of the thing for these trucks I don't see that as a viable option.

That’s interesting on the Honda Jim, I was checking fluids on my Xterra the other day and noticed it had an electric pusher fan on it.

That’s interesting on the Honda Jim, I was checking fluids on my Xterra the other day and noticed it had an electric pusher fan on it.

My 02 Durango has a pusher fan that comes on anytime the AC is on or anytime the temp gets high the computer will turn it on.

Dave ----

• 4 months later...

My 02 Durango has a pusher fan that comes on anytime the AC is on or anytime the temp gets high the computer will turn it on.

Dave ----

Haven't really done much to Camano lately besides put in gas..

I'd been looking for something vintage from the Marysville, WA Ford dealership where the truck was sold from just to have as a novelty: like a keychain, dash calendar, whatnot.

Finally got a hit :nabble_smiley_beam:

IMG_20211224_232045.jpg.d80618279a04c6c0b2a9113d79953c48.jpg

Once the weather warms up again I hope to pull the radiator, add a couple nutserts, and then get back to trying out the electric fan setup.

I'd been looking for something vintage from the Marysville, WA Ford dealership where the truck was sold from just to have as a novelty: like a keychain, dash calendar, whatnot.

Once the weather warms up again I hope to pull the radiator, add a couple nutserts, and then get back to trying out the electric fan setup.

That’s cool!

I was going to tease you and ask, are you sure that’s not Marysville California? But I looked and the Ford dealership is in nearby Yuba City.

That’s cool!

I was going to tease you and ask, are you sure that’s not Marysville California? But I looked and the Ford dealership is in nearby Yuba City.

You just have to rain on my parade :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I actually did a search as well prior to purchase and looks like there are a few Ford dealerships in the various Marysvilles around the country. Best I could tell though WA was the most common one of that name (though it's now Kendall or something). So no way to really know which the frame came from but I am telling myself it's WA :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cool! :nabble_anim_claps:

You just have to rain on my parade :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I actually did a search as well prior to purchase and looks like there are a few Ford dealerships in the various Marysvilles around the country. Best I could tell though WA was the most common one of that name (though it's now Kendall or something). So no way to really know which the frame came from but I am telling myself it's WA :nabble_smiley_wink:

Sounds good! As I was typing I thought the same thing and wondered how many Marysville there are in this country.

I’ve heard of Kendall Ford, I think they have several locations.

Finally got a hit

That's really cool! I have an early to mid 90's vanity plate from the local Ford dealer that was on the front of the 1995 F150 my dad bought there in 1996. The dealer has changed names a few times since then, so it's cool to have the plate with the old name I remember it by as a kid, especially since half of my family worked at that Ford dealer when I was a kid.

I bought an owner's manual for my 2003 Ranger on Ebay a few years ago since it was missing when I bought the truck. There was a business card in the front of the protective cover, and it was from a salesman at Autoway Ford in Bradenton Florida, which is where the truck was sold new in 2003. The dealership is long gone, but it was really cool to find that card. :nabble_smiley_good:

Finally got a hit

That's really cool! I have an early to mid 90's vanity plate from the local Ford dealer that was on the front of the 1995 F150 my dad bought there in 1996. The dealer has changed names a few times since then, so it's cool to have the plate with the old name I remember it by as a kid, especially since half of my family worked at that Ford dealer when I was a kid.

I bought an owner's manual for my 2003 Ranger on Ebay a few years ago since it was missing when I bought the truck. There was a business card in the front of the protective cover, and it was from a salesman at Autoway Ford in Bradenton Florida, which is where the truck was sold new in 2003. The dealership is long gone, but it was really cool to find that card. :nabble_smiley_good:

Those are both really neat to have and a crazy coincidence on the business card! It's little things like those that add to the fun of older vehicles.

One of these types of keychains from the selling dealership for any old truck is the Holy Grail of knick-knacks to me

Haven-KS-Ford-Sales-Plastic-Glow-in-the.jpg.bca4003380d324e951276ef88722221a.jpg