Instrument Panel Lights

emunder

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a bunch of sets on ebay. I kind of like the ice blue...ordered! Can't wait to swap them out.

Can you post a link to the Ice Blue ones you purchased?

Where did you get the picture of the dash with these lights installed?

Here you go! Pic was in the listing. Gary they had a set that was much more blue but I thought these just looked more factory so went with them. Below was another blue set they had but they seemed pretty bright. Never noticed they had the warm white...those may have matched the headlight switch lights better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-Ford-F100-F150-F250-F350-Truck-Gauge-Cluster-LED-Dash-Kit-Ice-Blue/273534768705

Blue.png.3b36f5b831a11a28e14f5032f72d36a3.png

Warm_White.png.f042e6a5a1d4e6f5988662daecc96a4b.png

• 1 month later...

I ordered and installed a set of these Ice Blue instrument panel lights and I LOVE THEM! Best $10 I've ever spent on the old truck. I don't drive it at night very often, but anytime I did it was annoying because I could barely read the gauges (Not only were they dim, only 4/5 of the bulbs were working). In any case, sometimes just a little thing will make a vehicle much nicer to drive and operate.

iPhone pics at night are a bit grainy, my apologies, but you can kinda get the idea of how they look. (PS: I don't think the dimmer switch changes the brightness much, but I believe I had them on full brightness here). Thanks Emunder for the heads up on these. I'm going to order another set as spares.

IMG_8862.jpg.d7f92af651ecaff39b6257f0ad66e2e3.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg.768e3576fcd44e7933333149739106bb.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg.4135a09c8d862f02bdcb4dd9000124c8.jpg

I ordered and installed a set of these Ice Blue instrument panel lights and I LOVE THEM! Best $10 I've ever spent on the old truck. I don't drive it at night very often, but anytime I did it was annoying because I could barely read the gauges (Not only were they dim, only 4/5 of the bulbs were working). In any case, sometimes just a little thing will make a vehicle much nicer to drive and operate.

iPhone pics at night are a bit grainy, my apologies, but you can kinda get the idea of how they look. (PS: I don't think the dimmer switch changes the brightness much, but I believe I had them on full brightness here). Thanks Emunder for the heads up on these. I'm going to order another set as spares.

PS: The last two picture I posted are not a good representation of the illumination imho. They look too bright in those pics, but I think it was just because of the iPhone in the dark.

The first picture seems pretty accurate.

I don't find them overpowering at all. They seem just right.

PS: The last two picture I posted are not a good representation of the illumination imho. They look too bright in those pics, but I think it was just because of the iPhone in the dark.

Just remember to leave the charge warning light alone (if you have one)

Or solder a 500ohm resistor across the LED bulb holder.

An LED won't pass enough current to excite the alternator.

Cory - Its is really difficult to get accurate pics like that with an iPhone. Or any other automagic camera. The camera adjusts for the brightness, so differing levels of brightness look the same.

Anyway, those gauges look great! And in my limited experience it is rare you want to turn the brightness down. We went to great lengths to add adjustability to David's truck when he changed to LED and he didn't need it.

I got the Blue but I really like the Ice Blue. If I had to do it again I would go with the Ice Blue. Just be sure to check them before you screw it all back in. With LED's the is a 50 50 shot you put them in the right way, so if one is not burning just turn it 180 deg. and it should work.

20190105_180035.thumb.jpg.3d32aab856a444434ff03bb5e10ece13.jpg

I got the Blue but I really like the Ice Blue. If I had to do it again I would go with the Ice Blue. Just be sure to check them before you screw it all back in. With LED's the is a 50 50 shot you put them in the right way, so if one is not burning just turn it 180 deg. and it should work.

Yes! That's exactly what my blue LED's look like, and I MUCH prefer the Ice Blue.

And you are 100% right on testing before re-installing the cluster and bezel. Almost for sure you'll have some not working.

Yes! That's exactly what my blue LED's look like, and I MUCH prefer the Ice Blue.

And you are 100% right on testing before re-installing the cluster and bezel. Almost for sure you'll have some not working.

I'm surprised they don't indicate polarity.

Every other diode I know does, even if it's only long leg, short leg.