Bullnose Forums

Opinions on Retreads?

Jim, I'm pretty lucky here, the county school buses use a 215/85R-16 and as a result I can get them new at a good price. They are heavier rated than Darth but last extremely well. I don't know if they would carry wider ones though. I would look into who the people with school buses buy from, or anyone with a commercial truck.

Good luck in your search!

Bill, I think I've found my source.

Prices include delivery, and I have a great tire shop who wants my worn tires.

I'm thinking Wardens, or maybe Claw II's , which are close to the tread design of the Cooper's and Kuhmo's I like, but with larger blocks.

If the county dries up before you do Treadwright offers 215 & 225 for duallies as well!

I'm thinking Wardens, or maybe Claw II's , which are close to the tread design of the Cooper's and Kuhmo's I like, but with larger blocks.

If the county dries up before you do Treadwright offers 215 & 225 for duallies as well!

Which Coopers do you like? I have the Discoverer S/T Maxx tires and like them. They have an aggressive tread but aren't too noisy.

Or, I think they aren't too noisy, but with the headers and glass packs.... I remember that I didn't think Rusty's tires were noisy until I replaced the flatulent Flushmaster with a Magnaflow and suddenly discovered the tires were singing, loudly.

Which Coopers do you like? I have the Discoverer S/T Maxx tires and like them. They have an aggressive tread but aren't too noisy.

Or, I think they aren't too noisy, but with the headers and glass packs.... I remember that I didn't think Rusty's tires were noisy until I replaced the flatulent Flushmaster with a Magnaflow and suddenly discovered the tires were singing, loudly.

DID I Like!

The old Discover radial LT M+S.

Then they came out with the ATS?

Those sucked.

Sounds good Jim, mine were bought from the shop that services the bus fleets on tires. I need to (a) repair the broken weld on the center post of my Coats 1010 tire machine and (b) get my Hoffman wheel balancer set up and running.

On those tires, December will be 5 years the front ones have been on.

Sounds good Jim, mine were bought from the shop that services the bus fleets on tires. I need to (a) repair the broken weld on the center post of my Coats 1010 tire machine and (b) get my Hoffman wheel balancer set up and running.

On those tires, December will be 5 years the front ones have been on.

I've never owned a set of Treadwrights myself. My girlfriends uncle was running a set of their MT's & swore by them. He never had any issues but I forget the model he had. Being in Jeep clubs & forums you hear a lot of things about a lot of products. I've seen where folks had great luck with them & other reviews where they got some bad tires but if I remember correctly Treadwright was pretty quick to replace them if they had issues.

I've never owned a set of Treadwrights myself. My girlfriends uncle was running a set of their MT's & swore by them. He never had any issues but I forget the model he had. Being in Jeep clubs & forums you hear a lot of things about a lot of products. I've seen where folks had great luck with them & other reviews where they got some bad tires but if I remember correctly Treadwright was pretty quick to replace them if they had issues.

It's nice to know that they stand behind their product.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Wardens.

I used to spend a lot of time slogging material around muddy job sites.

Now -honestly- I spend time commuting, and driving up the trail to the horse paddock.

It's nice to know that they stand behind their product.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Wardens.

I used to spend a lot of time slogging material around muddy job sites.

Now -honestly- I spend time commuting, and driving up the trail to the horse paddock.

Sorry if I am too late; beginning of the school year is busy!

I have encountered treadwrights. A guy brought them into our tire shop for his truck. He left with 4 tires from our trash pile mounted instead. Not sure if he got his money back.

The problem we saw was the outer mold peeling off of the old material underneath right at the edge of the bead where it contacts the wheel rim. This made the tire uneven, out-of-round, and ultimately unbalance-able.

This is only one experience, and I saw where someone said they stand behind their product, and another set could be good. But the question was for any experience with the product.

Sorry if it's a buzzkill.

Sorry if I am too late; beginning of the school year is busy!

I have encountered treadwrights. A guy brought them into our tire shop for his truck. He left with 4 tires from our trash pile mounted instead. Not sure if he got his money back.

The problem we saw was the outer mold peeling off of the old material underneath right at the edge of the bead where it contacts the wheel rim. This made the tire uneven, out-of-round, and ultimately unbalance-able.

This is only one experience, and I saw where someone said they stand behind their product, and another set could be good. But the question was for any experience with the product.

Sorry if it's a buzzkill.

No buzzkill at all!

A realistic POV from someone who fits these things for a living.

Out of balance and out of round are two things I don't want to deal with at highway speeds.

Maybe Treadwrights are fine off road where you're bouncing around or crawling over boulders.

I'm definitely going to reassess.