Bullnose Forums

My timing chain adventure begins..

reamer

You are welcome!:nabble_smiley_good:

Wow! one fight after another! Now I need to fine a new Hydraulic line:nabble_smiley_angry:

I changed out the old slave valve, It was a NAPA 73002B slave, and connected fine to my NAPA 819 5931 Hyd line.….

Now the new slave is a NAPA 73003B (not 2), put it in the ZF, I installed the ZF, try to connect with my existing NAPA 819 5931 and it does not Fit!:nabble_anim_confused:

I measured the center post in the old and new slaves, sure enough, the posts are seated at different depths by 1/16" of an inch!

Went back to NAPA and they had a 807 5298 line, this line connects correctly, BUT it is bent completely wrong... Old line that fit has a "U" bend right at the Master cyl. connection so it points at the fire wall and works its way down to the ZF.

New line (correct connection fitting) connects to the Master cylinder but then line heads for the radiator, it can't reach for the ZF without putting a kink in it....

When measuring at the connector to the ZF, the old line is 3/8" from but-end to fastening lip.

The new line (that fits but bent wrong), from but-end to fastening lip is 7/16"

Clutch_line.thumb.jpg.4856f67cd0e26b5e519411c72e4d6584.jpg

thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Wow! one fight after another! Now I need to fine a new Hydraulic line:nabble_smiley_angry:

I changed out the old slave valve, It was a NAPA 73002B slave, and connected fine to my NAPA 819 5931 Hyd line.….

Now the new slave is a NAPA 73003B (not 2), put it in the ZF, I installed the ZF, try to connect with my existing NAPA 819 5931 and it does not Fit!:nabble_anim_confused:

I measured the center post in the old and new slaves, sure enough, the posts are seated at different depths by 1/16" of an inch!

Went back to NAPA and they had a 807 5298 line, this line connects correctly, BUT it is bent completely wrong... Old line that fit has a "U" bend right at the Master cyl. connection so it points at the fire wall and works its way down to the ZF.

New line (correct connection fitting) connects to the Master cylinder but then line heads for the radiator, it can't reach for the ZF without putting a kink in it....

When measuring at the connector to the ZF, the old line is 3/8" from but-end to fastening lip.

The new line (that fits but bent wrong), from but-end to fastening lip is 7/16"

thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Did they sell you the wrong slave?

When I look up the 73002B on my NAPA app it shows as available through both my local stores ; Lostcco in Springdale and Red's in Portchester.

Did they sell you the wrong slave?

When I look up the 73002B on my NAPA app it shows as available through both my local stores ; Lostcco in Springdale and Red's in Portchester.

That a solution one install too late, hope to fine a compatible line, that slave is staying in there...

Went back to NAPA and they had a 807 5298 line, this line connects correctly, BUT it is bent completely wrong...

Ron,

That line is for the 1993-up Clutch master cylinder that has the fitting pointing straight down.

clutch_master.jpg.6c5792c476ed9d772dcfa1ec770c835c.jpg

It looks like the clutch slave also changed for 1993, which is why you're seeing a difference. So the new line fits the new slave, but not the master.

So...you'll either need a 1988-1992 slave cylinder to work with your old line and master, or plan-B would be to buy a 1993-up master to fit the new line?

Went back to NAPA and they had a 807 5298 line, this line connects correctly, BUT it is bent completely wrong...

Ron,

That line is for the 1993-up Clutch master cylinder that has the fitting pointing straight down.

It looks like the clutch slave also changed for 1993, which is why you're seeing a difference. So the new line fits the new slave, but not the master.

So...you'll either need a 1988-1992 slave cylinder to work with your old line and master, or plan-B would be to buy a 1993-up master to fit the new line?

..... And if you buy the '93> master you need to drill the mounting holes through the firewall on the diagonal, instead of vertical.

AND you need the later version NSS, that mounts to the pushrod side of the master.....

..... And if you buy the '93> master you need to drill the mounting holes through the firewall on the diagonal, instead of vertical.

AND you need the later version NSS, that mounts to the pushrod side of the master.....

Thanks Steve, Didn't know you can heat up the line and bend it safety..

Jim good to know on the different style needing a different NSS.

Rembrant that's good info on the year differences..

Perfect example of the famous Onion rings.....

Thanks Steve, Didn't know you can heat up the line and bend it safety..

Jim good to know on the different style needing a different NSS.

Rembrant that's good info on the year differences..

Perfect example of the famous Onion rings.....

There are actually 3 versions of master. The middle fits the '92-96/7 firewall, but works with the '84-91 slaves:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/992737/thumbnail/mastert.jpg

This is the CPP for later stickshifts:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/931189/thumbnail/clutchpedalpossw.jpg

Originally, my '83 NP435 had no starter interrupt; only a reverse-lamps switch.

There are actually 3 versions of master. The middle fits the '92-96/7 firewall, but works with the '84-91 slaves:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/992737/thumbnail/mastert.jpg

Actually, there are four different masters if you include the bolt pattern change in 1988 when the 5spd came out. The masters are hydraulically the same between between 1983 and 1991, but the studs changed to the diagonal pattern in 1988. So technically version #1 is 1983-1987, and version #2 is 1988-1991. Side on they look exactly the same, but the mounting is different.

IMG_4554.jpg.b927ff3389afcd19df36281f2862267c.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg.72e3ea6a13a1fb5290b349eaa1419eb3.jpg

I'm running a 1991 Mazda 5spd from a Light Duty F250, a hydraulic line ordered to fit the 1988-1991 Master cylinder, and then I used a 1983-1987 Master cylinder so that it fit the factory mounting holes in my cab. It all fits together perfectly.