Bullnose Forums

My timing chain adventure begins..

reamer

It had much less effort to push to the floor, This is the slave valve that goes around the input shaft. Nothing on the slave/line was touched when removing the engine. a sealed system.

May I don't have thing as aligned as I thought, I can see the slave through the cut-out in the bell housing, when the wife pushes in the clutch, the Salve is only moving about 1/4".

Ahh, that concentric slave.

You changed the clutch and throwout but didn't do the slave?!?!?! :nabble_smiley_oh:

It shouldn't have to move much to overcenter the spring of the pressure plate and release the clutch.

But if it's not new and well lubed on the transmission input sleeve, I don't know what to tell you.

Ahh, that concentric slave.

You changed the clutch and throwout but didn't do the slave?!?!?! :nabble_smiley_oh:

It shouldn't have to move much to overcenter the spring of the pressure plate and release the clutch.

But if it's not new and well lubed on the transmission input sleeve, I don't know what to tell you.

Nope, Just removed assembly from back of engine, disassembled it, (pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel), To get to the Cam cover, (thought it was a water jacket freeze plug) Re-assembled the system (flywheel, clutch, then pressure plate, The concentric slave was not touched.

Screwy that with engine running, and can shift into any gear without touching the clutch, and once in a gear, you can hear things rolling around, but no different in sound "popping" back into neutral.

May have to slide the tranny back just for an insanity check, and with it backed off the engine, try the clutch pedal again.....

Nope, Just removed assembly from back of engine, disassembled it, (pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel), To get to the Cam cover, (thought it was a water jacket freeze plug) Re-assembled the system (flywheel, clutch, then pressure plate, The concentric slave was not touched.

Screwy that with engine running, and can shift into any gear without touching the clutch, and once in a gear, you can hear things rolling around, but no different in sound "popping" back into neutral.

May have to slide the tranny back just for an insanity check, and with it backed off the engine, try the clutch pedal again.....

Not a good idea, without the input shaft to hold the disc in position it will drop down enough that the transmission will not go back in (don't ask how I know) also, the release bearing has nothing to guide it if is on a fork, if it is the concentric hydraulic one, it won't do anything except possibly explode the cylinder.

Not a good idea, without the input shaft to hold the disc in position it will drop down enough that the transmission will not go back in (don't ask how I know) also, the release bearing has nothing to guide it if is on a fork, if it is the concentric hydraulic one, it won't do anything except possibly explode the cylinder.

Sanity check. Is this installed correctly? Finger tips bend in toward flywheel..

Getting a new slave and master since both were wet, those will be were tomorrow

Clutch.thumb.jpg.2b443d06728823e8810cdca1e99942b9.jpg

Sanity check. Is this installed correctly? Finger tips bend in toward flywheel..

Getting a new slave and master since both were wet, those will be were tomorrow

There's no other way to install the diaphragm.

It's hard to tell how much space there is between the diaphragm fingers & the clutch - is it at least 1/2"?

I will throw another one, is the disc installed the right way?

That's it! I'm such an idot..:nabble_anim_crazy: As soon as you said "1/2 inch" gap.

There is not. Must have the disk in backwards!

This would explain the resistance to bolt flush to the flywheel.

Now wondering if it is damaged, will remove it in about an hour ….

Yep, sure enough, the disk was backwards!, Guess that why it is stamped in very small type "flywheel" on one side, and "flywheel" should not be against the pressure plate....:nabble_smiley_angry:

That's it! I'm such an idot..:nabble_anim_crazy: As soon as you said "1/2 inch" gap.

Yep, sure enough, the disk was backwards!, Guess that why it is stamped in very small type "flywheel" on one side, and "flywheel" should not be against the pressure plate....:nabble_smiley_angry:

Glad you found it, Ron! :nabble_smiley_good:

Ron, the reason I asked that, I have done it myself years ago on my Shelby.