Bullnose Forums

My timing chain adventure begins..

reamer

Since Ron likes to play "let's start a new thread, because I didn't get the answer I wanted" then I think I will just ignore his posts from here on.

Bill, I'm not being critical. It's just an observation over time.

Do you remember back when he and Gary were working on the dash hole patch?

Damn. It was like every time they changed the boss thickness or the hole pattern he started a new thread.

I'm trying to follow along, but sometimes (like above) my reply makes no sense in the context of the (X) version of a thread that started three or four iterations ago.

Try this... try that...

But it's been said before, and often I can't get a straight answer to a very direct and pointed question.

I know I can be pedantic because of my condition, but I phrase and ask things in a specific way because yes or no, X clearance, Y psi, or whatever, is what I need to know to answer the question (or solve the riddle)

Bill, I'm not being critical. It's just an observation over time.

Do you remember back when he and Gary were working on the dash hole patch?

Damn. It was like every time they changed the boss thickness or the hole pattern he started a new thread.

I'm trying to follow along, but sometimes (like above) my reply makes no sense in the context of the (X) version of a thread that started three or four iterations ago.

Try this... try that...

But it's been said before, and often I can't get a straight answer to a very direct and pointed question.

I know I can be pedantic because of my condition, but I phrase and ask things in a specific way because yes or no, X clearance, Y psi, or whatever, is what I need to know to answer the question (or solve the riddle)

Sorry to distract you guys, didn't think I was looking for a different answer....

The first thread was of general lost power and we all thought with slop in the rotor, a timing chain was needed, if not just to "eliminate" that part of the situation.

Didn't mean to offend anyone by starting a new thread on focusing on the timing chain issue.. Sorry.

From there it just morphed into the "What next" and grew from there.

My apologies..

Will go after the exhaust tomorrow, will try to remove 1 side at the manifold and see what happens...

:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Sorry to distract you guys, didn't think I was looking for a different answer....

The first thread was of general lost power and we all thought with slop in the rotor, a timing chain was needed, if not just to "eliminate" that part of the situation.

Didn't mean to offend anyone by starting a new thread on focusing on the timing chain issue.. Sorry.

From there it just morphed into the "What next" and grew from there.

My apologies..

Will go after the exhaust tomorrow, will try to remove 1 side at the manifold and see what happens...

:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

No apology necessary.

I'm just trying to explain to Bill where my statement came from, why he should stick with it, and that perhaps he shouldn't have such a gruff attitude, that this is just the way you are on the forums. :nabble_smiley_cool:

No apology necessary.

I'm just trying to explain to Bill where my statement came from, why he should stick with it, and that perhaps he shouldn't have such a gruff attitude, that this is just the way you are on the forums. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Hey, I'm the one who is ADHD. I just get irritated with people who start a whole new train of thought when a continuous (not necessarily a Gary Lewis micro-analysis in 450 pages) thread elaborating on the original problem so someone who hasn't read the other 16 threads can go back and see what was done previously.

Hey, I'm the one who is ADHD. I just get irritated with people who start a whole new train of thought when a continuous (not necessarily a Gary Lewis micro-analysis in 450 pages) thread elaborating on the original problem so someone who hasn't read the other 16 threads can go back and see what was done previously.

Now that's Funny!

In order to get this today.....

Burn_out.thumb.jpg.373de00cedc949f2d99d39de2298e0d5.jpg:nabble_anim_jump:

It was a clogged Cat, this is after cutting it out...But the truck instantly paid me back with this...

Burn_out_freeze_plug.jpg.287aadd785a4c8593a380a254425865f.jpg:nabble_smiley_cry:

So now since one has popped, all are close to popping, but to me the question is pull a 34 year old motor with unknown mileage, but good compression, new timing chain, and replace all freeze plugs and install new oil pan gaskets, or remove and replace with a crate motor for all the work needed...

But it is Alive! (well almost)…

Thank you for the "not paying attention to" help...

Now that's Funny!

:nabble_anim_jump:

It was a clogged Cat, this is after cutting it out...But the truck instantly paid me back with this...

:nabble_smiley_cry:

So now since one has popped, all are close to popping, but to me the question is pull a 34 year old motor with unknown mileage, but good compression, new timing chain, and replace all freeze plugs and install new oil pan gaskets, or remove and replace with a crate motor for all the work needed...

Congrat's! Or, congrat's? :nabble_anim_confused:

More layers of the onion.

Yes, replace them all. I've done it on the passenger's side on a 351W with the engine in the truck. I did have to jack it up just a bit and pull the exhaust and mount on that side, but that wasn't too hard.

Don't know about the driver's side but I'd try it before pulling the engine.

Now that's Funny!

:nabble_anim_jump:

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Glad you found the problem!

Is the block cracked too?