Bullnose Forums

My timing chain adventure begins..

reamer

Yup. Lots and lots of TIME! By your numbers, over 2/3's of the cost is labor. In fact, at 71% it is almost 3/4's. And that's at your cheap rate of $90/hour. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And I didn't add the charges for:

"clean air act"

"disposal fee"

"consumables"

I wonder if I'll pay:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

And I didn't add the charges for:

"clean air act"

"disposal fee"

"consumables"

I wonder if I'll pay:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You forgot the waste disposal surcharges.. :nabble_smiley_what:

Keep it up!

If you continue to work on your own vehicles you'll be able to pay for your garage in no time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Are you going to get your daughter to shoot video of donuts in your driveway????

Pic's or it didn't happen.... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

It's Alive!

Now the million dollar question, Do I time it at Recommended 10 degrees (15 inches vac) or 20 degrees, (18 inches?):nabble_smiley_thinking:

It's Alive!

Now the million dollar question, Do I time it at Recommended 10 degrees (15 inches vac) or 20 degrees, (18 inches?):nabble_smiley_thinking:

Set it @ 12 degrees BTDC and drive. Listen for pinging under moderate load. If no pinging, bump to 13 degrees. If pinging is detected, retard slightly.

It's Alive!

Did you install the Crane adjustable vacuum advance unit?

Even if you didn't, the instructions for the 60's-'70's Ford/Mercury part are available on the Jeg's website.

They spell out how to optimize your advance curve.

*Yes,12° is a good start. :nabble_smiley_good:

Did you install the Crane adjustable vacuum advance unit?

Even if you didn't, the instructions for the 60's-'70's Ford/Mercury part are available on the Jeg's website.

They spell out how to optimize your advance curve.

*Yes,12° is a good start. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ohhhhh-Kayyyy…. That was a crap-load of work and it truly needed it with that much slop on the original chain,.....Buuuut there is no difference in driving performance:nabble_smiley_angry:

I do have vacuum to the dizzy advance module, but will check if it's working with a vac pump, Also, while running I covered the carb opening and it will stall, (no air getting in) then I also emptied a can of brake clean around the carb base and intake gaskets, with no revving of the idle.....

Also applied E-brake and let off the clutch in 1st gear and she stalled as required......

:nabble_anim_confused::nabble_smiley_uh::nabble_anim_crazy::nabble_smiley_angry::nabble_smiley_hurt: