Bullnose Forums

Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install

Dangit!

The forum is REALLY screwing me up with inserting images, links and attachments lately..

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03715B-Torque-Multiplier-Foot-Pound/dp/B0017K5ARU

I guess I've never seen anything like that. Cool! So when I REALLY get old I can keep on wrenching. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't think I'm ready for it now, but it is good to know it exists. Thanks!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moose - Thanks!

Jim - I'm using a digital torque wrench, so no cheater allowed. (But I do have pieces of pipe laying around that do serve as cheaters when I need them.)

Speaking of torque, I was a bit blown away with how easy it was to change out the Pitman arm. I got the air impact out 'cause it is supposed to be torqued to 170 - 230 ft-lbs. However, the nut came off pretty easily. Then I put the puller on and used a breakover to tighten it up before using the impact on it - and the Pitman arm moved, long before I got "down on it". So that Pitman arm wasn't fully seated on the splines. :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

But I will assure you this one is ON.

I think I need that F 250 pitman arm...

It's yours. :nabble_smiley_good:

Funny story:

I sent the PS gear box you gave from me Huck into Blue Top Steering Gear last week. I pulled the Pitman (which took like an hour) before I sent it. I get a call from Ryan at Blue Top earlier this week. He wants to know if I want the gear box rebuilt. I said "of course, that's why I sent it to you". He replied saying that is one of the tightest boxes anybody has ever sent me :nabble_smiley_tongue:. He said if you are having steering issues it must be something else because that box is fine lol. I had to tell him it was just a donor from a truck we didnt know much about. I used it so I didnt have to pull mine down until yours made it back here.

Funny story:

I sent the PS gear box you gave from me Huck into Blue Top Steering Gear last week. I pulled the Pitman (which took like an hour) before I sent it. I get a call from Ryan at Blue Top earlier this week. He wants to know if I want the gear box rebuilt. I said "of course, that's why I sent it to you". He replied saying that is one of the tightest boxes anybody has ever sent me :nabble_smiley_tongue:. He said if you are having steering issues it must be something else because that box is fine lol. I had to tell him it was just a donor from a truck we didnt know much about. I used it so I didnt have to pull mine down until yours made it back here.

That IS funny! It might have been better than Big Blue's, which is a AGR Performance Remanufactured Steering Box. Note that it goes for $422 and has one review - a 1 out of 5 stars. :nabble_smiley_cry: (As you know, I didn't buy it.)

The guy that reviewed it sounded like he was disappointed there wasnt a 0 star option...

Yep. :nabble_smiley_what:

As I bolted that box on I thought "Should I order a BlueTop?" It would have been so easy at that point since I didn't even have the 350 Pitman arm on yet and none of the hoses/tubes connected. Guess at this point I'll run it.