Bullnose Forums

Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install

Gary, was the 95 a Diesel truck? 7.3L PSD is even heavier than a 460 and has two big batteries and an enormous radiator.

Yep, the '95 was an oil-burner - and leaker. Man, what a MESS!

Good thinking, Bill. I'll bet that's it. I still have the diesel's springs, so can measure them to confirm that it is a spring thickness problem. That's something that those that walk this way should know.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the '95 was an oil-burner - and leaker. Man, what a MESS!

Good thinking, Bill. I'll bet that's it. I still have the diesel's springs, so can measure them to confirm that it is a spring thickness problem. That's something that those that walk this way should know.

Tulsa Auto Spring over on 21st and Sheridan makes them. Just bring an old one with you.

Makes U bolts.

Tried to edit the above post. Potential train wreck was trying to unfold.

I assumed that is what you meant. Not sure when/if I'll get into town. Probably cheaper in town, but with Sky I can get it on order and move on to something else. I have to get ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, and u-joints on order so I can finish the installation.

By the way, when you come to get that front end you'll need to bring tires and wheels as I'll have those back on Big Blue. Soon I hope. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I assumed that is what you meant. Not sure when/if I'll get into town. Probably cheaper in town, but with Sky I can get it on order and move on to something else. I have to get ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, and u-joints on order so I can finish the installation.

By the way, when you come to get that front end you'll need to bring tires and wheels as I'll have those back on Big Blue. Soon I hope. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I assume with pre-97 D60's getting harder to find in useable shape, there won't be many people needing this info. The new kit Sky just dropped that allows you to bolt in an 05+ coil sprung D60 is a game changer and you will definitely start to see much more of those installs happening in the future.

I assume with pre-97 D60's getting harder to find in useable shape, there won't be many people needing this info. The new kit Sky just dropped that allows you to bolt in an 05+ coil sprung D60 is a game changer and you will definitely start to see much more of those installs happening in the future.

Sky always seems to be innovating.

And I'm glad to find that their customer relations is responsive and accommodating

Sky always seems to be innovating.

And I'm glad to find that their customer relations is responsive and accommodating

Interesting, Shaun. I didn't know they'd announced it, but knew they were working on it. When I called Erik this week to ask him some questions about Brandon/Bruno2 using Big Blue's castoff front suspension to convert his 90's 2wd to 4wd that's what he was working on.

In some ways I'm sorry I'm going with the leaf springs. But to do the coils would require finding both front and rear suspensions and changing wheels, which seems like a lot more than what I'm doing. And this seems like a lot.

But they are innovative! And helpful. I don't mind paying a bit more to get the u-bolts from them as I know they'll be good and it might, in a very small way, help them do more things for these trucks. Same reason I bought the shocks from them.

Interesting, Shaun. I didn't know they'd announced it, but knew they were working on it. When I called Erik this week to ask him some questions about Brandon/Bruno2 using Big Blue's castoff front suspension to convert his 90's 2wd to 4wd that's what he was working on.

In some ways I'm sorry I'm going with the leaf springs. But to do the coils would require finding both front and rear suspensions and changing wheels, which seems like a lot more than what I'm doing. And this seems like a lot.

But they are innovative! And helpful. I don't mind paying a bit more to get the u-bolts from them as I know they'll be good and it might, in a very small way, help them do more things for these trucks. Same reason I bought the shocks from them.

What are you doing for balljoints?

I am using Dana Spicer from here on out. Moog just isn't lasting very long for me.

I am using Dana Spicer from here on out. Moog just isn't lasting very long for me.

Haven't ordered them yet. Probably will this week. Guess I'll go with Dana Spicer then. Used Moog on Dad's truck, but doubt it'll ever wear them out. Hopefully BB will see some usage.

Gary, the 05+ kit is up on their website. Right now it's only listed for the 92-97 trucks, but we all know there's somebody who is going to adapt it, if not Eric himself.

As for the U-bolts, Sky is actually in a fair spot, I think I usually pay $50 for a set of U bolts from RuffStuff.

I swore off of Moog a long time ago, their boots are garbage and always tear on me.