Bullnose Forums

Rear disc brake conversion

Ok, update, spoke with Glen at EGR brakes this morning, they are machining a pair of deep top hat rotors, the ones the U-Haul E350 DRW and motorhome E350 cutaways use. This should move the calipers in far enough to clear the wheel. Hopefully the caliper mounts will work without any changes. He is sending a "call tag" for the other rotors. I will post the outcome once everything is done.

I figured I would give an update. While the end result may be nice, I am not sure I would recommend EGR Performance Brakes as far as customer service.

Timeline currently

Thursday 8/15 new rotors were in the shop being machined to be hopefully shipped that day

Friday 8/16, I called to see where they were shipped, Glen was gone, would be back Tuesday.

Tuesday 8/20, called, Glen was out, would be back and they would have him call, never happened.

Wednesday 8/21 we were gone most of the day.

Thursday 8/22 (today) finally got ahold of Glen, rotors were shipped UPS to John's address in York County, approximately 75 miles from me by road. John received notice that they are "out for delivery".

Problems seem to be, (a) Glen does not delegate anything (b) does not let anyone know what he has done and © does not seem to be able to get organized.

I figured I would give an update. While the end result may be nice, I am not sure I would recommend EGR Performance Brakes as far as customer service.

Timeline currently

Thursday 8/15 new rotors were in the shop being machined to be hopefully shipped that day

Friday 8/16, I called to see where they were shipped, Glen was gone, would be back Tuesday.

Tuesday 8/20, called, Glen was out, would be back and they would have him call, never happened.

Wednesday 8/21 we were gone most of the day.

Thursday 8/22 (today) finally got ahold of Glen, rotors were shipped UPS to John's address in York County, approximately 75 miles from me by road. John received notice that they are "out for delivery".

Problems seem to be, (a) Glen does not delegate anything (b) does not let anyone know what he has done and © does not seem to be able to get organized.

I sure hope the view is worth the climb. It is enough hassle having to massage the frame on Big Blue, but if I couldn’t get ahold of Erik or if he didn’t return my call I wouldn’t be happy.

I sure hope the view is worth the climb. It is enough hassle having to massage the frame on Big Blue, but if I couldn’t get ahold of Erik or if he didn’t return my call I wouldn’t be happy.

At least he is (a) accessible and (b) willing to work with you for a solution and getting the end result.

Current status, enroute, address successfully changed. Means probably Monday or Tuesday due to shipping delays in Kentucky. Why the latter affects this I have no idea since they are in Statesville NC.

At least he is (a) accessible and (b) willing to work with you for a solution and getting the end result.

Current status, enroute, address successfully changed. Means probably Monday or Tuesday due to shipping delays in Kentucky. Why the latter affects this I have no idea since they are in Statesville NC.

In a word; hubs.

There was a time if I were to send a FedEx package from Stamford to Norwalk (about 10 miles) it would go to Tennessee overnight.

Yes, Erik is both accessible and willing to work with me. Actually, he wants to work with me as this kit is very new and they've only installed it on one Bullnose truck - and that required modification of the kit as well as twisting and bending things like I'm doing.

Apparently the original design for that front bracket/spring hanger had it too far forward for the SuperDuty springs. And now, with my discovery yesterday, he's afraid they moved it too far back.

He said they've sold the kit to a few "others", but I got the implication that they were kids that would modify them to fit, regardless. So he's very happy to work with someone who will consult with him when the problems arise and collectively figure out what needs to be done to resolve it. In the end he wants the kit to be "right".

In a word; hubs.

There was a time if I were to send a FedEx package from Stamford to Norwalk (about 10 miles) it would go to Tennessee overnight.

I don't know if it's still true, but at one time Memphis was the busiest airport in the world - after dark.

In a word; hubs.

I don't know if it's still true, but at one time Memphis was the busiest airport in the world - after dark.

I don't doubt that at all.

UPS used to be headquartered here in Greenwich.

I was in their old office park yesterday.

Aren't they down by you now?

Anyway, it's pretty crazy how far a package goes on a buck.

I don't doubt that at all.

UPS used to be headquartered here in Greenwich.

I was in their old office park yesterday.

Aren't they down by you now?

Anyway, it's pretty crazy how far a package goes on a buck.

Got the first of the two replacement rotors in (the one that was re-routed to me), funny thing, this time it fit and everything lined up. Nice thing, runout at initial assembly was .002".

Rotor_PN.thumb.jpg.b6bc76171a91fc377b180ad568d6d645.jpg

Front_view.thumb.jpg.6b717996da4f937331751e4543316499.jpg

Bottom_view.thumb.jpg.821e510c43f48cd0b9f1e90d3fb5342f.jpg