Bullnose Forums

What is this hole in my core support?

Can anybody tell me what was once mounted in this hole in my core support? It's one of those things that I've always wondered about but kept forgetting to ask. It looks like something was ripped out of there, or someone was working a drill bit up and down because the hole is actually bent in one angle (that you can't really see in the pic). Did somebody rip something off here?

IMG_8155.jpg.3124f3ec6f4943ba7f23cf324b3d7353.jpg

I can't tell - it looks as though the edge of the radiator bracket on my truck (I guess the 300's have a wider radiator?) is just about where the hole is on yours. If I had to guess I'd say nothing goes there at all.

IMG_0436.jpg.2e67c079bffcb850c577ece132382875.jpg

I can't tell - it looks as though the edge of the radiator bracket on my truck (I guess the 300's have a wider radiator?) is just about where the hole is on yours. If I had to guess I'd say nothing goes there at all.

Oh yes...I remember seeing the wider radiators when I ordered my replacement. I thought they were heavy duty rads? Or for trucks with AC?...

Maybe there never was supposed to be a hole there and somebody drilled one for some unknown reason...

Spatial relations tells me it would be just under the U shaped channel on your radiator clip Matthew.

If I hadn't replaced mine with Taiwan repop I'd have a look at mine to see.

It's not an original hole, or an enlarged original hole.

Ahh, OK, I assumed that like everything else around here that there had once been something there that had to be drilled out. I guess in that case I'll never know what it is and I'll just keep wondering.:nabble_smiley_grin:

IMG_8159.jpg.d370e1a879ffc65122a27d3a9137f03d.jpg