Bullnose Forums

Looking for the rear cab crossmember

odo

Hey y’all. I was wondering if anybody knows or may have the crossmember that carries the rear cab mounts and front gas tank strap?? Mines is severely rusted where the tank strap hooks to it and won’t hold the tank up. Any help would be appreciated

I was hunting for one of these crossmembers last year for a project that I ended up parting out, but didn't have much luck in finding one. There was a guy on Ebay I believe in South or North Dakota that was parting out some Bullnose frames, but he wanted a fair amount of money for the parts.

Finding a non-rusted Bullnose that is being parted out isn't the hardest part...it's finding somebody that will take the cab off, and then drill all those rivets out, and then ship said crossmember...that's the challenge.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Good luck in your search. I hope you find one OK.

Edit: Here's a link to the Ebay seller I was referring to...he's still there, and he has those crossmembers...just need to message him and get a price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Cradle-Frame-Cross-Member-Sectin-Ford-Truck-Bronco-1980-96-F150-F250-F350/163304671720?hash=item2605b789e8:g:vYoAAOSwlxxbvJY9

I was hunting for one of these crossmembers last year for a project that I ended up parting out, but didn't have much luck in finding one. There was a guy on Ebay I believe in South or North Dakota that was parting out some Bullnose frames, but he wanted a fair amount of money for the parts.

Finding a non-rusted Bullnose that is being parted out isn't the hardest part...it's finding somebody that will take the cab off, and then drill all those rivets out, and then ship said crossmember...that's the challenge.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Good luck in your search. I hope you find one OK.

Edit: Here's a link to the Ebay seller I was referring to...he's still there, and he has those crossmembers...just need to message him and get a price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Cradle-Frame-Cross-Member-Sectin-Ford-Truck-Bronco-1980-96-F150-F250-F350/163304671720?hash=item2605b789e8:g:vYoAAOSwlxxbvJY9

Good look'in out Cory! :nabble_smiley_good:

Are you trying to challenge David, our resident eBay sleuth? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Are you trying to challenge David, our resident eBay sleuth? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ha! No sir I am not. David is the king of finding the obscure NOS stuff;).

I can only assist with questions dealing with rust, rust holes, broken frames and rotten crossmembers, etc, etc...lol. I love where I live, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little bit of Southern Envy when it comes to rust;).

Ha! No sir I am not. David is the king of finding the obscure NOS stuff;).

I can only assist with questions dealing with rust, rust holes, broken frames and rotten crossmembers, etc, etc...lol. I love where I live, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little bit of Southern Envy when it comes to rust;).

I've said that MANY times before.

Gary has even questioned my envy!

I guess we're just scrap collectors.

Wait till you see the pics of my spring shackles and perches! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Hey y’all. I was wondering if anybody knows or may have the crossmember that carries the rear cab mounts and front gas tank strap?? Mines is severely rusted where the tank strap hooks to it and won’t hold the tank up. Any help would be appreciated

Is this the part?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-80-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-89-Ford-Truck-Fuel-Tank-Crossmemeber-E0TZ-5035-C-/283252132653

Is this the part?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-80-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-89-Ford-Truck-Fuel-Tank-Crossmemeber-E0TZ-5035-C-/283252132653

It looks like this...

There are round holes where the rear cab mounts sit. The angled gusset that drops down to the bottom of the frame on the driver's side has a "T" slot in it where the fuel tank strap fits into.

97e893.jpeg.92146ddb211feb9a89fb0b105ce0ea78.jpeg

It looks like this...

There are round holes where the rear cab mounts sit. The angled gusset that drops down to the bottom of the frame on the driver's side has a "T" slot in it where the fuel tank strap fits into.

Rembrant’s picture is the one I am in search of