Bullnose Forums

Hydroboost brake conversion

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of analytics? (I assume there are different types, like statistics?)

I don't know that there are different 'types' of analytics, exactly, but I'm focusing on what Georgia Tech refers to as computational data analytics, which covers 'big data' and related things - managing, modeling, and visualizing very large datasets and the like. But there's a huge dose of statistics in that (this entire semester was statistics, in fact), along with business topics and the like.

It's a nifty program - you can look at the details here if you're curious. And the really cool thing? Program cost is $10 grand, start to finish, for a full masters degree from a top-tier university. It's the deal of a lifetime.

You need to ask an actuary, Gary.

I know what an "actuary" is, but is that what a degree in analytics is prep for?

It would be an excellent background for an actuary, I suppose. But what it's really built around (at least how I'm doing it) is analyzing huge datasets to build predictive models. Such as what you might be interested in buying at Amazon, based on your past purchase history. Or what websites you might be interested in, based on your browser history.

Or...whether you're a terrorist, based on phone company analysis of your calling patterns. Fun stuff like that. :nabble_smiley_happy:

What type of analytics? (I assume there are different types, like statistics?)

I don't know that there are different 'types' of analytics, exactly, but I'm focusing on what Georgia Tech refers to as computational data analytics, which covers 'big data' and related things - managing, modeling, and visualizing very large datasets and the like. But there's a huge dose of statistics in that (this entire semester was statistics, in fact), along with business topics and the like.

It's a nifty program - you can look at the details here if you're curious. And the really cool thing? Program cost is $10 grand, start to finish, for a full masters degree from a top-tier university. It's the deal of a lifetime.

Interesting program, Matthew. And, it is at a very good price! :nabble_smiley_good:

Things have come a long way since I was in college in the 60's. I had Statistics, but now they've taken that to a whole different level. Cool!

You are very welcome, if you can manage the brake line fittings then the only part you have to track down is the pedal. Just to clarify, nothing between the master cylinder and the booster needs to change, and the rod between the booster and the pedal should come with the hydroboost unit. The only thing you need to correct is the stud on the pedal arm, or source the correct pedal.

Unfortunately it appears that the booster units dont ship with the mc to booster rod, spring and retainer. Anyone know where I could source these from online?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1990,f-350,7.5l+460cid+v8,1126550,brake+&+wheel+hub,power+brake+booster,1884

You need to ask an actuary, Gary.

I know what an "actuary" is, but is that what a degree in analytics is prep for?

It would be an excellent background for an actuary, I suppose. But what it's really built around (at least how I'm doing it) is analyzing huge datasets to build predictive models. Such as what you might be interested in buying at Amazon, based on your past purchase history. Or what websites you might be interested in, based on your browser history.

Or...whether you're a terrorist, based on phone company analysis of your calling patterns. Fun stuff like that. :nabble_smiley_happy:

So, essentially you're studying to become an algorithm. 🤯

In some kind of dystopian Minority Report/Blade Runner/Matrix mashup?

That's what Bluffdale is for!

I said 'actuary' because they are the type that not only calculate risk, but set odds, like bookies.

i.e. taking the over under on your career path.

So -basically- your position at ATT is to study Venn diagrams.....

Cool! 🤨

Unfortunately it appears that the booster units dont ship with the mc to booster rod, spring and retainer. Anyone know where I could source these from online?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1990,f-350,7.5l+460cid+v8,1126550,brake+&+wheel+hub,power+brake+booster,1884

They won't ship this way, because these are rebuilt and they need a core in return.

People who are looking to upgrade don't have a core, sooooo.

You need to look into buying NEW or sourcing one from a breakers.

Where are you reading that does not ship with the rod? I’m not seeing this in the description. It seems like it should be part of the reman booster but I got mine at the junkyard so I don’t have experience with a parts house unit.

Gary, maybe I need to check my facts on the HD master cylinder fitting the hydroboost booster. I know Jan is using the original cast iron one on his ‘86 F250, but I don’t know if he had to slot the holes to make it fit. When my F150 MC did not match up I checked the one that came off of my F350 and the stud spacing was wider... I just never checked to see if it matched the hydroboost. I assumed it did, but since I had the hydroboost MC I decided to use that. Maybe the HD vacuum booster stud spacing changed in ‘87?

They won't ship this way, because these are rebuilt and they need a core in return.

People who are looking to upgrade don't have a core, sooooo.

You need to look into buying NEW or sourcing one from a breakers.

The AC Delco unit in his link has a $20 core charge which could presumable be paid out to obtain one...