Bullnose Forums

LMC Now has replacement front door wiring conduit

Just checked mine, and the cab is 2" and the doors are 2.5", both my bullnose and bricknose doors are the same size. Also, those conduits have to be from a bullnose because my bricknose connectors are just the two pin style.

Also, my truck was originally mono speaker, so there were no door speakers in the truck. But I just noticed that the doors already have the holes drilled, and they have a plug to keep moisture out. Were all the non/Mono radio trucks like this? I can't recall whether I had to drill the doors on my 80 but I feel like I did?

Shaun - That saves me from measuring. But I’ll look to see if everything has the holes. Later as I’m out and about right now.

Just checked mine, and the cab is 2" and the doors are 2.5", both my bullnose and bricknose doors are the same size. Also, those conduits have to be from a bullnose because my bricknose connectors are just the two pin style.

Thanks for confirming the hole sizes salans7!! I guess I'll need a hole saw...my stepper bit is max about 1" iirc.

It definitely wasn't a Bullnose. My only confusion was on what year the truck actually was. It originally had "1995" written on the side of it and I ignored the truck for the longest time, but then somebody scribbled out the 1995, and changed it to "1991". There was no certification label, and I never did check the VIN. It has the EFI below the driver's headlight, and I thought that was a Bricknose era thing.

IMG_5888.jpg.94db5908f869df95f2e2399c4f45d36f.jpg

It originally had "1995" written on the side of it and I ignored the truck for the longest time, but then somebody scribbled out the 1995, and changed it to "1991". It has the EFI below the driver's headlight, and I thought that was a Bricknose era thing.

Bricknose is '78-'91, Aero from then until OBS.

Yes, I know. I was trying to confirm if the truck was an 1987-1991 model or a 1992-1996. It has the little "EFI" emblem below the headlight, and I thought that was only found on Bricknose trucks. (Edit, I just checked my LMC catalog, and it is listed as 87-91, so I guess that's a yes).

Bricknose is '78-'91...
Brick is '87-91; bull is '80-86; before that is dentside.

That's an '87-91 F350. Looks like a 7.5L.

Those connectors are strange, if that is the truck they came from then maybe there was a mid year change and that's an earlier bricknose than my cab.

F450, it has ten lug hubs.

Yes, I know. I was trying to confirm if the truck was an 1987-1991 model or a 1992-1996. It has the little "EFI" emblem below the headlight, and I thought that was only found on Bricknose trucks. (Edit, I just checked my LMC catalog, and it is listed as 87-91, so I guess that's a yes).

Yes, that's a yes! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Those connectors are strange, if that is the truck they came from then maybe there was a mid year change and that's an earlier bricknose than my cab.

Exactly!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cory - Those look much bigger than the Bullnose ones. I'll see if any of the doors I have already have the holes in them. But that won't be until later today.

Gary,

These conduits arrived today, and they are indeed smaller than the ones I already have. These appears to be meant for holes sizes 1.5" and 2", with the 2" being the door side (I think). I just glanced at the inside of my new door, and it looked to have approx a 2" hole in it...

Cory - Those look much bigger than the Bullnose ones. I'll see if any of the doors I have already have the holes in them. But that won't be until later today.

Gary,

These conduits arrived today, and they are indeed smaller than the ones I already have. These appears to be meant for holes sizes 1.5" and 2", with the 2" being the door side (I think). I just glanced at the inside of my new door, and it looked to have approx a 2" hole in it...

Cory - I've slept since we had the discussion, but are you saying these are or aren't the right sized conduits? I think you said they are, but just want to make sure I understand.