Bullnose Forums

LMC Now has replacement front door wiring conduit

I've had the new LMC catalog for a few weeks now, and I somehow didn't see this until tonight.

conduit.jpg.b4ef4e33346988d755d383d50fd63cb1.jpg

I already have some aftermarket rubber boots that I bought, and I have another set from a Bricknose that I scavenged from the Junkyard, but for the price of these I may grab a set next time I'm ordering stuff.

I took a look at my cab and doors, and they each have a little dimple...almost like pilot holes or locating holes, where you would drill the larger holes for the conduit.

For those of you with "fancy" trucks with factory radios, does the conduit connect higher up on the cab almost level with the park brake release handle, and then lower on the door, about 2" above where the door switch hits the door? Does that sound about right?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see if I can sneak out to the shop for a bit tomorrow and check things out on Big Blue. (We are home from two weeks of vacating and playing catchup. But, the grandtwins come for one final visit tomorrow before going back to Nicaragua, so no promises.)

But, it is good to see that LMC is now carrying those. I've been hoarding some for Dad's truck, but might have to spring for new ones.

I'll see if I can sneak out to the shop for a bit tomorrow and check things out on Big Blue. (We are home from two weeks of vacating and playing catchup. But, the grandtwins come for one final visit tomorrow before going back to Nicaragua, so no promises.)

But, it is good to see that LMC is now carrying those. I've been hoarding some for Dad's truck, but might have to spring for new ones.

Let's see how the quality is and whether they seal well.

My F150 was a no-radio truck and I drilled the holes in both the cab and the doors for the boots. It wasn't fun, but I remember the pilot holes were there so drilling them wasn't too complicated.

My F150 was a no-radio truck and I drilled the holes in both the cab and the doors for the boots. It wasn't fun, but I remember the pilot holes were there so drilling them wasn't too complicated.

Did you use a uni-bit, Shaun?

Thanks for the info. So you drilled the pilot holes and then used factory rubber conduits like pictured above?

The reason I'm checking into this is that I hope to be sending the truck for paint soon, and both front fenders and the driver's door will be replaced, so it will be an opportune time to install these (and the door speakers of course).