Bullnose Forums

Painted Surface Rust Advice

Dyn Blin

No, and weld through primer is a misnomer. Everything burns. It's supposed to seal back up afterwards, BS. I never use the stuff, it's pure BS. And I taught welding for a long time :) I seal the welds after welding, before any filler or epoxy.

Looking closer at the picture of the inner wheel well it looks like you only used it on the area above the lip and not where the outer skin & inner meet and would be spot welded right?

As for the weld thru yea it will burn thru but my thinking is all around that area will have a coating the rust would have to get thru so hope to slow rust down a little.

Dave ----

Looking closer at the picture of the inner wheel well it looks like you only used it on the area above the lip and not where the outer skin & inner meet and would be spot welded right?

As for the weld thru yea it will burn thru but my thinking is all around that area will have a coating the rust would have to get thru so hope to slow rust down a little.

Dave ----

That's where I used it in that situation yes. But it can go everywhere you want it to go.

This entire cab has been primed with Master Series.

master_series.jpg.640c0f8f5b71d36e3a5cc070a32984db.jpg