Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

Clear your cache. And, by the way, have you introduced Bill to the forum?
I cleared it out but nothing changed, we'll play with that later.

I *told* him a bit about your site but nothing more, he's been busy surfing Google Earth all over Oklahoma. :) We have our flights, rental F150 for 2 weeks, blue shuttle van ride to the airport Monday morning (05:35 departure from home to LAX, ick) so we're about set. He wants to head west towards Elk City (or somesuch) and a few places nearby before we head to Skiatook, and he's been surfing through all the small towns up there that he wants to go see - most with OLD brick buildings, some still having Ford insignias in the brick.

We have to at least visit that 21c place but I really doubt we'll stay there, $200/person/night is a bit much.

Boy, has this thread been hijacked. ;)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: ctubutis <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:42 PM

Subject: Re: Easy Way To Go To Last Post In Thread

Clear your cache. And, by the way, have you introduced Bill to the forum? Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Observed-Problems-tp17p1246.html

To unsubscribe from Observed Problems, click here.
NAML

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks to be a post and I see the sig.

Chris - Looks like you have the trip sufficiently nailed to make it work. Good luck, and have fun. 👍

Ah, now I see. It won't show my signature on my posts when I'm logged in but it will show others'.

Use the Topics View at the top level and that will show you the most recent posts for each thread, chronologically. Click on the time link for a post and it takes you right to the post. That's the best way to monitor what is going on in the forum - unless you do as I do and subscribe to everything. If you do that, clicking on the emailed link takes you to the latest post.

But otherwise there doesn't seem to be a way to get directly to the last post. And that is a shortcoming.

Click the time shown at the right of the thread listing and it will take you to the last post.

I guess my screen menu overlay problem should be in this thread.

How come when I reply to a thread through my Gmail instead of visiting the site all the header garbage shows up in my post and I have to go back and edit it out?

Use the Topics View at the top level and that will show you the most recent posts for each thread, chronologically. Click on the time link for a post and it takes you right to the post. That's the best way to monitor what is going on in the forum - unless you do as I do and subscribe to everything. If you do that, clicking on the emailed link takes you to the latest post.

But otherwise there doesn't seem to be a way to get directly to the last post. And that is a shortcoming.

Click the time shown at the right of the thread listing and it will take you to the last post.

I guess my screen menu overlay problem should be in this thread.

How come when I reply to a thread through my Gmail instead of visiting the site all the header garbage shows up in my post and I have to go back and edit it out?

And now email notification of this post showed up in Gmail as being a reply to 'Free Tires'

So something weird is going on.

And now email notification of this post showed up in Gmail as being a reply to 'Free Tires'

So something weird is going on.

Jim - I agree with you about all the "stuff" that comes along with replying via email. Yuk! I'll see if it can be turned off.

Yes, the overlay problem should be here, but I'm not worried as I saw it anyway. And, I've emailed with my mentor on that, and he sees the same problem so has reconfigured his navigation menu so it is only the three lines, regardless of screen. Says lots of people are doing that on web sites. I wonder if that would help?

But, he also mentioned different browsers. Said that he hasn't tried, but that he's heard that different browsers handle it better on the Android.

And I saw the same thing - was going to reply to your first post and the email went away and was replaced by Free Tires. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Jim - I agree with you about all the "stuff" that comes along with replying via email. Yuk! I'll see if it can be turned off.

Yes, the overlay problem should be here, but I'm not worried as I saw it anyway. And, I've emailed with my mentor on that, and he sees the same problem so has reconfigured his navigation menu so it is only the three lines, regardless of screen. Says lots of people are doing that on web sites. I wonder if that would help?

But, he also mentioned different browsers. Said that he hasn't tried, but that he's heard that different browsers handle it better on the Android.

And I saw the same thing - was going to reply to your first post and the email went away and was replaced by Free Tires. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Another thing I wish there was a reply button at the bottom of the thread.

I have to scroll back up to the top of a post and hit reply, but sometimes what I'm posting may not be relevant to that last post, or even any post on the page.