Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

I'm having some problems posting threads and pictures.

What is happening is that the buttons disappear. I can usually find the tops of the preview and post buttons by moving the cursor in the general area, but the insert button on the insert image field is gone completely. Problem is intermittant?

Using what type of platform to post?

This is from a Win10 laptop (using Firefox, even!) and everything seems to be working well for me again...

Yes, I thought that problem was banished with the cookie change as I haven't had it since. However, when I was having it I found that hitting Control + or Control - to increase/decrease the screen size usually worked. You might try that and see if it helps.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having some problems posting threads and pictures.

What is happening is that the buttons disappear. I can usually find the tops of the preview and post buttons by moving the cursor in the general area, but the insert button on the insert image field is gone completely. Problem is intermittant?

Using what type of platform to post?

This is from a Win10 laptop (using Firefox, even!) and everything seems to be working well for me again...

XP and Chrome.

Yeah, I know it's time to upgrade!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I thought that problem was banished with the cookie change as I haven't had it since. However, when I was having it I found that hitting Control + or Control - to increase/decrease the screen size usually worked. You might try that and see if it helps.

I'm finding that today clicking the link in email notifications takes me to the forum homepage and not to the thread reply that came to my email.

Maybe this has something to do with Chrome's adblocking implementation yesterday. IDK...

But it is a pain in the butt

I'm finding that today clicking the link in email notifications takes me to the forum homepage and not to the thread reply that came to my email.

Maybe this has something to do with Chrome's adblocking implementation yesterday. IDK...

But it is a pain in the butt

I have been having the same problem, but was waiting to see if someone else had it as well. Hadn't thought about Chrome and the ad blocking, but just tried Edge and had the same problem. I'll report it to Nabble.

I have been having the same problem, but was waiting to see if someone else had it as well. Hadn't thought about Chrome and the ad blocking, but just tried Edge and had the same problem. I'll report it to Nabble.

I was having problems last night with the forum or Nabble or Edge, I could not use my cursor to go back and correct, I had to use the back arrow or delete back to where I needed to make a change. The link to FTE would bring up a tab that would never load. I am fairly well convinced it may have been Edge as I wasn't able to close Edge, it acted like it had a mind of it's own.

I was having problems last night with the forum or Nabble or Edge, I could not use my cursor to go back and correct, I had to use the back arrow or delete back to where I needed to make a change. The link to FTE would bring up a tab that would never load. I am fairly well convinced it may have been Edge as I wasn't able to close Edge, it acted like it had a mind of it's own.

Bill - That does sound like an Edge problem.

All - Nabble has fixed the email problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill - That does sound like an Edge problem.

All - Nabble has fixed the email problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gary, same strange issue with Edge this morning, the picture insert window will not allow me to select and image from my computer. I saved a screenshot, clicking "browse" does nothing, the first attempt I can "browse" for an image then get "invalid URL" as an error and it locks up the picture tool??? I will email you the screenshot from Edge and Chrome.

Gary, same strange issue with Edge this morning, the picture insert window will not allow me to select and image from my computer. I saved a screenshot, clicking "browse" does nothing, the first attempt I can "browse" for an image then get "invalid URL" as an error and it locks up the picture tool??? I will email you the screenshot from Edge and Chrome.

Ok, I did a "purge" on Edge. the picture uploader still looks different that the one on Chrome, but it worked this time.

Welcome to the sysadmin world, Gary. :)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: ctubutis <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 9:29 AM

Subject: Re: Observed Problems

Glad it works.  Boy, I never imagined the weird problems running a site would find.  🤔