Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

Thank you, Gary, more experience here than I want to admit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The site seems to work fine on Edge, perhaps there's now a compatibility issue with Mozilla browsers.

~~

Totally off-topic but the drywallers are presently installing sheetrock in my garage. :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_jump:

Yeah, I posted this in Edge and it took me right to it afterwards, not to the first post.

I hope this is useful info for the Nabble folks.

Thank you, Gary, more experience here than I want to admit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The site seems to work fine on Edge, perhaps there's now a compatibility issue with Mozilla browsers.

~~

Totally off-topic but the drywallers are presently installing sheetrock in my garage. :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_jump:

Hey, drywall is a major milestone! I remember when it went up in my shop, and it transformed things from insulation and electricals running everywhere to a real set of rooms. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the browser, I wondered if there was a problem with yours. The folks at Nabble said the change they made would cause problems with Safari, so they recommended that I make changes to fix that. Now it appears that Mozilla is a problem? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Ok, when a few more chime in and we get a handle on what the issues are with which browser then I'll go back to Nabble. Thanks.

....So, is this a browser issue? Let's see who sees these issues and what browser they are using.

I'm using Chrome as well and I'm seeing it.

My impression, to expand on what I said before, is that it's related to the speed the pages can load. Kind of like a YouTube video freezing for a while when your internet connection isn't fast enough. I seem to get the "view more" message more often when there are big pictures, or when my son is home from college and he and my wife are both streaming videos. But it's not just my (not-so) high speed internet connection. It happens sometimes when I'm the only one in my house using the internet.

....So, is this a browser issue? Let's see who sees these issues and what browser they are using.

I'm using Chrome as well and I'm seeing it.

My impression, to expand on what I said before, is that it's related to the speed the pages can load. Kind of like a YouTube video freezing for a while when your internet connection isn't fast enough. I seem to get the "view more" message more often when there are big pictures, or when my son is home from college and he and my wife are both streaming videos. But it's not just my (not-so) high speed internet connection. It happens sometimes when I'm the only one in my house using the internet.

Oh, and I should note that this isn't a new thing for me. I've been seeing this on and off pretty much from the time I joined.

Are you trying to access the forum directly on Nabble or on Garysgaragemahal? I'm not sure that would make a difference because the actual forum info is really on Nabble, but just want to clarify that.

I use Opera. I have had no issues. Only today, my login was not available by Opera, but I suspect a slight change in the address and Opera didn't recognize it?

• 2 weeks later...

Nabble tells me they've fixed the scrolling problem. So, after today please let me know if you see the problem again.

I'm having some problems posting threads and pictures.

What is happening is that the buttons disappear. I can usually find the tops of the preview and post buttons by moving the cursor in the general area, but the insert button on the insert image field is gone completely. Problem is intermittant?

I'm having some problems posting threads and pictures.

What is happening is that the buttons disappear. I can usually find the tops of the preview and post buttons by moving the cursor in the general area, but the insert button on the insert image field is gone completely. Problem is intermittant?

Using what type of platform to post?

This is from a Win10 laptop (using Firefox, even!) and everything seems to be working well for me again...

seminole-baseball-cap.jpg.89eac9e68879ab26554d4e0f0f91a58e.jpg