Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

On internet Explorer, I am seeing the signatures.

Is it IE or Edge? There's a difference. Edge comes with Win 10, although IE is still available from what I read.

Anyway, Chrome has been flakey for me for some time. And just now Facebook on Chrome was so slow as to be unusable. Then I saw that I didn't have sigs showing. Fired up Edge and the sigs popped up. Then FB worked instantly. Think I'll try Edge for a bit.

Is it IE or Edge? There's a difference. Edge comes with Win 10, although IE is still available from what I read.

Anyway, Chrome has been flakey for me for some time. And just now Facebook on Chrome was so slow as to be unusable. Then I saw that I didn't have sigs showing. Fired up Edge and the sigs popped up. Then FB worked instantly. Think I'll try Edge for a bit.

It is IE, Edge does not show signatures for me.

• 3 weeks later...

It is IE, Edge does not show signatures for me.

I just had an epiphany! :nabble_anim_jump: In my case it isn't Edge nor Chrome that is killing the signatures. It is AdBlock. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I got a new tablet, this Surface Pro, to replace my iPad and in the course of setting it up I've been installing all the "stuff" I have on my laptop, including AdBlock. One of the reasons I went with a Windows device is because I cannot edit the website with an iOS device. So, once I got the tablet set up I started editing the website, and I ran into problems doing so with Edge. Then I downloaded Chrome and it worked fine on editing the website, but it didn't show the signatures. Hmmm, what happens if I turn AdBlock off on any page on the website? Signatures show!

Then I want back to Edge and discovered that with AdBlock running on the forum pages the signatures don't show there either. And, sure enough, when I disable AdBlock on those pages the signatures show. However, even with AdBlock turned off on the Weebley pages Edge still won't let me do certain things, like change the color of font, that Chrome will let me do.

So, Chrome is back as my favored browser, and signatures show! :nabble_smiley_good:

I just had an epiphany! :nabble_anim_jump: In my case it isn't Edge nor Chrome that is killing the signatures. It is AdBlock. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I got a new tablet, this Surface Pro, to replace my iPad and in the course of setting it up I've been installing all the "stuff" I have on my laptop, including AdBlock. One of the reasons I went with a Windows device is because I cannot edit the website with an iOS device. So, once I got the tablet set up I started editing the website, and I ran into problems doing so with Edge. Then I downloaded Chrome and it worked fine on editing the website, but it didn't show the signatures. Hmmm, what happens if I turn AdBlock off on any page on the website? Signatures show!

Then I want back to Edge and discovered that with AdBlock running on the forum pages the signatures don't show there either. And, sure enough, when I disable AdBlock on those pages the signatures show. However, even with AdBlock turned off on the Weebley pages Edge still won't let me do certain things, like change the color of font, that Chrome will let me do.

So, Chrome is back as my favored browser, and signatures show! :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, since you don't have ads I turned adblock plus off for your site, sure enough all the sigs are back. Now I need to see if I can edit mine to put the names in bold.

Ok, since you don't have ads I turned adblock plus off for your site, sure enough all the sigs are back. Now I need to see if I can edit mine to put the names in bold.

Just use the bold chiclet after highlighting the names. It'll put "" in front and "" behind what you have highlighted.

Well, that didn't work. Just use the chiclet. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I am not seeing a bold chiclet on the signature page.

Oh yes, what I did was cheated. :nabble_smiley_evil: I went to a normal post, typed out what I wanted and used the chiclet there. Then I copied it and pasted it into the signature field.

Or, place a ahead of what you want bold, and a after it, and change "x" to "b".

Oh yes, what I did was cheated. :nabble_smiley_evil: I went to a normal post, typed out what I wanted and used the chiclet there. Then I copied it and pasted it into the signature field.

Or, place a ahead of what you want bold, and a after it, and change "x" to "b".

And what do you do if you don't have arrows on an Android keyboard?