Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

Jim - I’ve see that view, at least once, but don’t know how I got there and can’t find it now. Have things corrected themselves?

Gary, you know my technical capabilities limitations... but if you go to the top of the page and click on where it says "Threaded", it will change the formatting, I believe.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, you know my technical capabilities limitations... but if you go to the top of the page and click on where it says "Threaded", it will change the formatting, I believe.

Yes! That’s where it is. Thanks, David.

Speaking of tablets, I’ve been using an older iPad mini, and have just run into a road block with it as it doesn’t display some of the pages on this website. Turns out that is a problem with Safari and iOS 11 as Google’s Chrome displays the pages fine. I confirmed that with an Apple employee, and it is appears to be limited to older iPads as Janey’s iPad Pro displays the page fine on Safari.

However, neither iPad will let me edit that page on Weebly, whether I do it via a browser or the Weebly app. So I’m planning to convert from an iPad to a Surface Pro running a full-blown Windows 10 environment. Does anyone have any experience with those devices?

Yes! That’s where it is. Thanks, David.

Speaking of tablets, I’ve been using an older iPad mini, and have just run into a road block with it as it doesn’t display some of the pages on this website. Turns out that is a problem with Safari and iOS 11 as Google’s Chrome displays the pages fine. I confirmed that with an Apple employee, and it is appears to be limited to older iPads as Janey’s iPad Pro displays the page fine on Safari.

However, neither iPad will let me edit that page on Weebly, whether I do it via a browser or the Weebly app. So I’m planning to convert from an iPad to a Surface Pro running a full-blown Windows 10 environment. Does anyone have any experience with those devices?

I have some experience with Surface.

If I were to buy a Win 10 convertible right now I would go with the Lenovo X1, Samsung Galaxy TabPro or the Dell 5285 tablets.

Imo Microsoft missed the ball with its latest iterations.

I have some experience with Surface.

If I were to buy a Win 10 convertible right now I would go with the Lenovo X1, Samsung Galaxy TabPro or the Dell 5285 tablets.

Imo Microsoft missed the ball with its latest iterations.

Missed the ball in what way?

My reason for changing is that it is impossible to edit this website on an Apple mobile device. And we are out and about enough that I want to be able to edit it. But my Dell laptop is too big to fit in my travel backpack, so I want a tablet.

Missed the ball in what way?

My reason for changing is that it is impossible to edit this website on an Apple mobile device. And we are out and about enough that I want to be able to edit it. But my Dell laptop is too big to fit in my travel backpack, so I want a tablet.

I understand *why*

I don't understand why you can't run Windows as a virtual machine, but what do I know?

The competition has blown past Microsoft wrt hardware imo.

Better keyboards, screens, stylus, ports, batteries, etc, ad infinitum.

What's your price point?

What processor and graphics 'card' do you want or need?

Are you going to be doing cfd on a tablet?

I understand *why*

I don't understand why you can't run Windows as a virtual machine, but what do I know?

The competition has blown past Microsoft wrt hardware imo.

Better keyboards, screens, stylus, ports, batteries, etc, ad infinitum.

What's your price point?

What processor and graphics 'card' do you want or need?

Are you going to be doing cfd on a tablet?

I’ve not heard of running virtual machines on an Apple device, although that may not be what you mean.

As for what I want, not need, I hope to do everything I do on my Dell laptop, which would include browsing, Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Photoshop, and maybe even TurboCAD. But, my expectations for the tablet aren’t terribly high, meaning that I don’t expect it to perform all of those things as quickly as the laptop with its i7-6700HQ processor and NVIDIA GTX 9600M video card.

On the CPU question, I’m torn between the i5 with its passive cooling, and the i7 with a fan. I don’t want a fan running when I’m doing light work, but what I’ve read says that the fan rarely comes on except when pushing things. So maybe I could opt for the i7 and set the Windows options up for the fan to only come on when I’m running something intensive like TurboCAD - although I don’t know for sure that those options exist on a tablet.

Price? I haven’t decided. I’m now trying to find out what the options are, and then will use price to help make the decision.

I’ve not heard of running virtual machines on an Apple device, although that may not be what you mean.

As for what I want, not need, I hope to do everything I do on my Dell laptop, which would include browsing, Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Photoshop, and maybe even TurboCAD. But, my expectations for the tablet aren’t terribly high, meaning that I don’t expect it to perform all of those things as quickly as the laptop with its i7-6700HQ processor and NVIDIA GTX 9600M video card.

On the CPU question, I’m torn between the i5 with its passive cooling, and the i7 with a fan. I don’t want a fan running when I’m doing light work, but what I’ve read says that the fan rarely comes on except when pushing things. So maybe I could opt for the i7 and set the Windows options up for the fan to only come on when I’m running something intensive like TurboCAD - although I don’t know for sure that those options exist on a tablet.

Price? I haven’t decided. I’m now trying to find out what the options are, and then will use price to help make the decision.

Look up 'Boot Camp' for information on running 'Doze as a VM on an Apple device.

Look up 'Boot Camp' for information on running 'Doze as a VM on an Apple device.

I’m familiar with Boot Camp as I tried it on my MacBook several years ago. But from what I read the iOS devices can’t run Boot Camp as they run an ARM processor. So I’m pretty sure I want a full-blown Windows tablet.

I’m familiar with Boot Camp as I tried it on my MacBook several years ago. But from what I read the iOS devices can’t run Boot Camp as they run an ARM processor. So I’m pretty sure I want a full-blown Windows tablet.

I think everything you want is now well within the capabilities of tablet devices.

Digitizers differ.

Some tablets come with a keyboard and stylus.

For that matter some of the convertibles like the yoga just flip the keyboard around and *become like* a tablet.

But you probably don't want the bulk, slight as it may be.

It's really hard to keep up with the technology race.

Stuff beyond science fiction is the new normal every day.