Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

Let's document the problems, issues, and concerns we have with Nabble here.

One of mine is formatting, and this appears to be what Nabble gives us:

H2 made things bold. :nabble_smiley_angry:

Let's try H3. Nope, that's smaller bold italics. But, there's an "I" thingee for that. :nabble_smiley_what:

H4 is

H5

• H6

But, there are no bullets and no indenting. This may be a serious problem.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, there's something funky about the "Insert Image" button. I have trouble getting it to work, or maybe I don't know how long I'm supposed to wait. Or when to click Close. 😳

Oh! Cool! Nabble appears to take the standard iOS emoticons: 👍😳😈😂🎉😥😘🙁🎊

Another issue is with my avatar. What you see now is a corner of the picture showing my twin-snorkel air cleaner for Big Blue. But, when creating an avatar you have to go through the crop step, and on this iPad it won't let me move the crop window. 🙈

And, there's the signature. I don't see any way to jazz it up by making things bold, bigger/smaller, etc. But there is an option to use HTML, so maybe there is a way? 🤔

Also, there's something funky about the "Insert Image" button. I have trouble getting it to work, or maybe I don't know how long I'm supposed to wait. Or when to click Close. 😳

Oh! Cool! Nabble appears to take the standard iOS emoticons: 👍😳😈😂🎉😥😘🙁🎊

Another issue is with my avatar. What you see now is a corner of the picture showing my twin-snorkel air cleaner for Big Blue. But, when creating an avatar you have to go through the crop step, and on this iPad it won't let me move the crop window. 🙈

And, there's the signature. I don't see any way to jazz it up by making things bold, bigger/smaller, etc. But there is an option to use HTML, so maybe there is a way? 🤔

Yes, HTML coding/tags do work in the sig. granted that is a pain for the user, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal since you don't do it often at all.

But, I still haven't found a way to do bullets or indention. 😩 (However, the ability to use the emoticons w/o having to go into advanced mode is a big help.)

One unusual thing that I just noticed is that the view count adds +1 every time you refresh the page, regardless of whether there is anything new to view on the page or not. I know, view count may not mean a whole lot, but I don't think it is supposed to behave that way...

One unusual thing that I just noticed is that the view count adds +1 every time you refresh the page, regardless of whether there is anything new to view on the page or not. I know, view count may not mean a whole lot, but I don't think it is supposed to behave that way...

Hadn't figured that out, but I knew something was funky as the view count last night was far higher than I expected it to be. Ok, I need to keep a list.....

Hadn't figured that out, but I knew something was funky as the view count last night was far higher than I expected it to be. Ok, I need to keep a list.....

The avatar/picture thing is wonky. I've tried it on a real computer several times now, and even though I expand the red cropping box to include the full air cleaner it still only takes the upper left corner of the pic - the part that the box is on when the window opens. :nabble_anim_confused:

The avatar/picture thing is wonky. I've tried it on a real computer several times now, and even though I expand the red cropping box to include the full air cleaner it still only takes the upper left corner of the pic - the part that the box is on when the window opens. :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, at first your avatar was just a patch of grass, now it shows the whole air cleaner.

I've noticed that after you open a thread the link turns purple and stays that way. The only hint that new replies have been added is the time of last reply turns blue. It would sure be a lot easier if link would turn blue and stand out when new content was added.

Gary, at first your avatar was just a patch of grass, now it shows the whole air cleaner.

I've noticed that after you open a thread the link turns purple and stays that way. The only hint that new replies have been added is the time of last reply turns blue. It would sure be a lot easier if link would turn blue and stand out when new content was added.

Good point on the link, Jonathan. I'll do some research and see if there's a way to do that.

And, it took a bit of time before my avatar changed. Maybe two minutes? That part of Nabble seems flakey to me.

Good point on the link, Jonathan. I'll do some research and see if there's a way to do that.

And, it took a bit of time before my avatar changed. Maybe two minutes? That part of Nabble seems flakey to me.

As an admin I have the ability to move posts, threads, etc. However, that requires copying what is called a "permalink", which is the link to where you want to put whatever you are moving. And I can't get that to work on my iPad, although I've done it quite a bit on my computer. So, it seems like there is a problem administrating on mobile devices. Need to research this.

As an admin I have the ability to move posts, threads, etc. However, that requires copying what is called a "permalink", which is the link to where you want to put whatever you are moving. And I can't get that to work on my iPad, although I've done it quite a bit on my computer. So, it seems like there is a problem administrating on mobile devices. Need to research this.

Is there a way to stay signed in long term? Currently I get kicked off when I leave the forum and then return later. It would be nice to stay logged on.