Bullnose Forums

New Approach To Projects

Your choice on that. And, in Projects it is your choice whether to lock the thread or not. I like comments on my normal project work, so don't want things locked so that others can chime in. But, when you are trying to think things through, having others chime in can be very confusing. Having it locked lets me go back and completely change any and ever aspect of the plan.

So, I really have two threads for the same thing. One is the whiteboard for planning, and the other is just an interactive thread.

Anyway, hope you get back on track soon.

So is there a way to remove posts already there, then lock it?

So is there a way to remove posts already there, then lock it?

Pete - Yes, and no. I have the ability to delete others posts, and you have the ability to lock your own thread in the Projects folder - but only in that folder. However, I would want agreement from the others that posted before deleting their posts. And, in many cases follow-on posts by the original author of the thread reference the posts of others so then there's a missing piece and statements don't make sense.

I think the better thing to do would be for you to copy your posts into a new, locked thread. You can easily edit each post and then highlight and copy all of the text, which would include all formatting as well as the picture links. Then paste that into a post on a new thread, and then lock the thread. As you do that you can tweak the wording to take out any references to the posts of others - if needed. And, you can combine posts into one massive post or several smaller ones - whatever is convenient for you.

Would that work? If so, have at it. However, I should warn you that in the 5 weeks or so since I created my whiteboard I've not gotten a single comment about my plans in any other thread. So, it is kind of a lonely feeling when you write and write and there's no easy way for others to comment - even though I gave them a link to another thread where they are welcome to comment. It just doesn't happen.

(Oddly enough, this isn't what I envisioned when I enabled locking threads. I was just wanting some place for me to record my thoughts and plans and then come back to them w/o having to wade through the comments of others, however well intentioned. But, however y'all want to use the tools works for me. :nabble_smiley_good:)

Pete - Yes, and no. I have the ability to delete others posts, and you have the ability to lock your own thread in the Projects folder - but only in that folder. However, I would want agreement from the others that posted before deleting their posts. And, in many cases follow-on posts by the original author of the thread reference the posts of others so then there's a missing piece and statements don't make sense.

I think the better thing to do would be for you to copy your posts into a new, locked thread. You can easily edit each post and then highlight and copy all of the text, which would include all formatting as well as the picture links. Then paste that into a post on a new thread, and then lock the thread. As you do that you can tweak the wording to take out any references to the posts of others - if needed. And, you can combine posts into one massive post or several smaller ones - whatever is convenient for you.

Would that work? If so, have at it. However, I should warn you that in the 5 weeks or so since I created my whiteboard I've not gotten a single comment about my plans in any other thread. So, it is kind of a lonely feeling when you write and write and there's no easy way for others to comment - even though I gave them a link to another thread where they are welcome to comment. It just doesn't happen.

(Oddly enough, this isn't what I envisioned when I enabled locking threads. I was just wanting some place for me to record my thoughts and plans and then come back to them w/o having to wade through the comments of others, however well intentioned. But, however y'all want to use the tools works for me. :nabble_smiley_good:)

I remember cut and pasting all of my ongoing starter woes from the whydtytt thread after Chris commented about how it was overshadowing all the usual banter.

Haven't seen him in a while....

Hope he is doing well.

I remember cut and pasting all of my ongoing starter woes from the whydtytt thread after Chris commented about how it was overshadowing all the usual banter.

Haven't seen him in a while....

Hope he is doing well.

No, I haven't seen anything from Chris of late. He should be working on his house as they were pouring the new concrete floor for the garage a bit ago.