Bullnose Forums

1980 AC - Back to Life

Or in a 'single serving' can.

The Mexican Cartels seem to be smuggling a lot across this summer.

Thanks men.

I thought I’ve seen r-12 cans on eBay (maybe somewhere else) but it was like $40/12 oz. I’m sure they are rare and overpriced.

I do recall the fitting I pressed and was surprised pressure came out looked like an oversized Schrader valve just off the accumulator. I don’t recall quick connects anywhere else so I’m wondering if this is indeed an r-12 system. Which would be great if I’m a switch and harness away from AC.

Sounds like path forward is unchanged.

Thanks men.

I thought I’ve seen r-12 cans on eBay (maybe somewhere else) but it was like $40/12 oz. I’m sure they are rare and overpriced.

I do recall the fitting I pressed and was surprised pressure came out looked like an oversized Schrader valve just off the accumulator. I don’t recall quick connects anywhere else so I’m wondering if this is indeed an r-12 system. Which would be great if I’m a switch and harness away from AC.

Sounds like path forward is unchanged.

R. 134 usually has 'green' fittings.

But if you look online you can see how they differ (on purpose), so you can't mix them

Yes Gary.

In sizes similar to propane.

Like 20#, 40#, 100# cylinders.

You know the kind of tank you get for party balloon helium?

That's the smallest I've seen in 25 years.

I know exactly the size as I have a depleted helium cylinder in the garage awaiting transfer to the shop. (Can't bear to throw it away.) But that is a lot of R12. Dad used to buy it that way back in the day as he charged A/C units for all his friends. However, the valves leak so the Freon didn't stay in them very well.

I know exactly the size as I have a depleted helium cylinder in the garage awaiting transfer to the shop. (Can't bear to throw it away.) But that is a lot of R12. Dad used to buy it that way back in the day as he charged A/C units for all his friends. However, the valves leak so the Freon didn't stay in them very well.

$40 for a 12oz can would be a steal if you see one.