Bullnose Forums

Bummer...

The only thing structural in those pics is the tow-bar attachment base. Everything else is cosmetic, including the chrome "bumper".

It looks to me more like the driver backed over something that caught between the bumper & GG, and then mangled both as he continued backing off it. But not a deer.

Thanks for the replies. There was not one speck of blood or fur on my truck, but I hit a donkey, not a deer, and in no way ran “over” it... if this wasn’t a deer then I won’t read too much into the guard effectiveness. Thanks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies. There was not one speck of blood or fur on my truck, but I hit a donkey, not a deer, and in no way ran “over” it... if this wasn’t a deer then I won’t read too much into the guard effectiveness. Thanks.

IDK for sure, but every time I've wacked Bambi there was plenty of evidence.

Once, when I was a kid, my mother nailed a decent buck with her station wagon.

The buck got up (with a piece of chrome stuck in his side, like a spear) and bounded off into the woods.

IDK for sure, but every time I've wacked Bambi there was plenty of evidence.

Once, when I was a kid, my mother nailed a decent buck with her station wagon.

The buck got up (with a piece of chrome stuck in his side, like a spear) and bounded off into the woods.

Jim, I have heard and seen some amazing things with elk hits in the Flagstaff area. They are some crazy tough animals is all I have to say... I am hoping the poor donkey I hit was also tough like that 😔

Jim, I have heard and seen some amazing things with elk hits in the Flagstaff area. They are some crazy tough animals is all I have to say... I am hoping the poor donkey I hit was also tough like that 😔

Burros are tough critters.

They wouldn't survive the desert if they weren't.

But a broken bone or internal hemorrhage will spell their end.

The only time I've ever seen elk in the wild was in the early '80's when I drove my partners stuff out to Evergreen right near Jackson WY.

I guess the National Elk Refuge is nestled in there between Yellowstone and Teton parks?