Bullnose Forums

New Member- 1982 F-100

sam1982

I ran across this forum last night and knew it was for me right away.  The pic of my 1982 F-100 shortbed was taken in Charleston, SC, but we live about 100 miles inland (a good day trip from here).

Sam (named for the previous owner) is a two owner pickup.  I bought it in 1998 with about 120,000 miles on it.  It now has 214,000 miles.  In 2013 I had the rust damage repaired on the back corners of the cab, the floorboards, a little on the back of the bed on both sides, and replaced the tailgate.  At the same time the interior was repaired and the panels painted.  The dash, seat back and headliner are original.  The seat bottom and the flooring were installed and the plastic panels repainted because the ones behind the cab had fallen apart and all I could find in good shape were dark blue.

Sam has a 302 V8 with 2 brl carb, both original.  It was what I call the 4 speed automatic which was rebuilt in 2005.

I am retired and have owned this pickup 21 years.  Honestly I don't see anything new on the market that makes me want to upgrade!

DSCF0623.thumb.JPG.0cfee4447f887e8f782075927806e723.JPGDSCF0582.thumb.JPG.5b5ed5e449e96191b7c9d3c6d7dde1e3.JPG

Yes, welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad to have you aboard.

***That was quick. I checked you in five hours ago

Thank you. Part of the time gap was me learning to use this format. It seems that I know more about older trucks than I do computer programs sometimes!

Welcome! Glad you joined!

Beautiful truck. 👍 But there is a way to put the pics in your post instead of giving us a link. I’ve tried to explain how to do that in Bullnose Forum/FAQ’s, but I’m sure it could be better, so ask if it doesn’t work for you.

Also, we have a member’s map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu) and I’d be happy to add you if I had a city.