Bullnose Forum

New Member/New Truck!

emunder

Just an observation... the compressor and hose routing looks different from mine. :nabble_anim_confused:

Dealer installed AC perhaps?...

I may be wrong, but I thought vents either side of the cluster was indicative of 'factory' air.

I can't see enough of the heater box through the engine to really confirm it.

Honestly, I own a Bricknose, so a lot of the minuteae is lost on me.

I just try and adsorb as much as I can.

Now under the skin, my truck is much more '80-'86 than '87-'91

Vents in dash, so I don't think it's a dealer upfit.

Dealer AC vents were in the dash too weren't they?

They were, yes. Mine is dealer air, and I have vents in the dash on either side of the instrument cluster, as well as above the glovebox.

I don't know about later years, but in 1980 the way to tell dealer air was either by the position of the controls in the cabin (the dealer ones were a separate small panel above the driver's right knee), or how the passenger-side vents were installed (mine are cut into the 'bar' that runs above the glovebox, factory air has the bar set in between the vents).

I'm less clear on the differences in the engine compartment. This truck has the A/C compressor in the same location as mine (above the alternator), but I don't know that's proof positive of dealer air - although most factory installations I've seen have the compressor on the driver's side of the engine.

Regardless...this is a very nice truck!

Vents in dash, so I don't think it's a dealer upfit.

Dealer AC vents were in the dash too weren't they?

They were, yes. Mine is dealer air, and I have vents in the dash on either side of the instrument cluster, as well as above the glovebox.

I don't know about later years, but in 1980 the way to tell dealer air was either by the position of the controls in the cabin (the dealer ones were a separate small panel above the driver's right knee), or how the passenger-side vents were installed (mine are cut into the 'bar' that runs above the glovebox, factory air has the bar set in between the vents).

I'm less clear on the differences in the engine compartment. This truck has the A/C compressor in the same location as mine (above the alternator), but I don't know that's proof positive of dealer air - although most factory installations I've seen have the compressor on the driver's side of the engine.

Regardless...this is a very nice truck!

I'm learning guys! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for keeping on top of me and pointing out the details. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Welcome!! Beautiful truck. Good find. :nabble_smiley_good:

Odd that it is being imported into Texas from Minnesota, as the direction is usually the other way 'round. But, it sure looks to have been well taken care of, so no matter from whence it came it is a great find.

Speaking of Tejas, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) on the menu and I'd be happy to add you if you'd give me a city. You might find that you are a neighbor of someone else on here. :nabble_smiley_wink: