Bullnose Forums

1986 Fuel Sender/Pickup Impossible to Find

Dane, all I can say is they've been working (halfway & backwards in my '87) truck since Sept 2016

Go back to FTE posts showing the work while I had my truck apart for paint.

Ok.

AFAIK there is only one set of senders for mechanical fuel pumps in the '85 & on 'big hole' tanks.

^^^^^ those are the numbers for the senders.

Yeah, we're old farts, but we're contemporaneous to these trucks.

(I've owned mine 32 years)

So, many of the members have a good handle on what to look for, and have btdt.

The most valuable guy at the auto parts store is the one who knows the paper catalog inside out.

Whose drop pivots are you going with?

How much lift is really under there?

Tuff Country 4" drop. From what I can tell there is about 4" of lift. Probably should do a dropped pitman arm to help with the bump steer but I'm also trying to cut back on pouring money into this thing now.

That's great. I usually dont hold onto a car for more than a year or two, but hopefully we will be able to keep this one around for a while. Or at least until they are worth as much as the 70's trucks are now...

Tuff Country 4" drop. From what I can tell there is about 4" of lift. Probably should do a dropped pitman arm to help with the bump steer but I'm also trying to cut back on pouring money into this thing now.

That's great. I usually dont hold onto a car for more than a year or two, but hopefully we will be able to keep this one around for a while. Or at least until they are worth as much as the 70's trucks are now...

A 350 arm is a little deeper than a 250's. *(I think)

Gary has been looking at drop arms for his SAS, RSK in Big Blue.

Maybe he'd compare the two?

And maybe he'd even part with the 350 arm, since it will no longer work for him. 😉

A 350 arm is a little deeper than a 250's. *(I think)

Gary has been looking at drop arms for his SAS, RSK in Big Blue.

Maybe he'd compare the two?

And maybe he'd even part with the 350 arm, since it will no longer work for him. 😉

I thought I replied to this, but I see I didn’t.

Anyway, I hope to take pics when I get home, maybe tomorrow. Should be able to do 150, 250, & 350 arms. But, the 350 is what I plan to use on Big Blue.

I thought I replied to this, but I see I didn’t.

Anyway, I hope to take pics when I get home, maybe tomorrow. Should be able to do 150, 250, & 350 arms. But, the 350 is what I plan to use on Big Blue.

Well, if either of you 'need' a drop pitman, it's him with 6" of suspension lift.

I can't imagine the steering geometry changes going over bumps or whoops!

To me, I doubt I'd feel safe to drive.

But then, I haven't tried it