Bullnose Forums

New Member, Almost Finished Restoration

Hi All,

My wife and I bought a 1986 F250 last fall, and have spent the last few months restoring it. The truck was a barn find with 35k on it, but was in terrible shape from sitting so long. We ended up redoing just about everything but the interior, which was in great shape.

If you want to see the project, we have been posting some videos to youtube:

Here is about where it is now:

Capture.png.5148426eec66201ac819436185b3e38c.png

Thanks for all the great info!

Hi All,

My wife and I bought a 1986 F250 last fall, and have spent the last few months restoring it. The truck was a barn find with 35k on it, but was in terrible shape from sitting so long.

I'd say that thing was in great condition for a northern US truck...the low mileage preserved it well.

A tip of the hat to you guys for putting your own tires on the rims...haha, that's a great job.

Hi All,

My wife and I bought a 1986 F250 last fall, and have spent the last few months restoring it. The truck was a barn find with 35k on it, but was in terrible shape from sitting so long.

I'd say that thing was in great condition for a northern US truck...the low mileage preserved it well.

A tip of the hat to you guys for putting your own tires on the rims...haha, that's a great job.

Welcome!

Hi All,

Thanks. It turned out to be in a lot worse shape than we thought at first. The cab and bed were good but just about everything else was rusted and everything rubber was so dried out it has needed replacing.

Welcome to the forum! (Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been on a cruise with the family and there was NO internet coverage.)

That's a nice looking truck! Lots and lots of good work. And I really like the video, which I'm going to embed below to make it easier for others to find. But, this says it is Part 8. I've not looked for them, but perhaps you want to share the others on here as well? If so, you can do it via the link approach you used, or I can walk you through how to do it as I've done.

Also, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) in the menu and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

Welcome to the forum! (Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been on a cruise with the family and there was NO internet coverage.)

That's a nice looking truck! Lots and lots of good work. And I really like the video, which I'm going to embed below to make it easier for others to find. But, this says it is Part 8. I've not looked for them, but perhaps you want to share the others on here as well? If so, you can do it via the link approach you used, or I can walk you through how to do it as I've done.

Also, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) in the menu and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

Can you add me?I already gave you my location.

Can you add me?

I already gave you my location.

Yes, your location was buried in the volumes of email. I new I'd seen it, but couldn't process it when I did 'cause it isn't easy to edit the map via the iPhone.

But, I eventually found it and you are now on the map. See what you think, please.